All the Way to Hollywood - Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Where are we going?" Hayley asked. Adam had let go of my hand several hours ago, so now I had to put my hand in my pocket to avoid missing the warmth. It's weird, right? But anyways, I was just gazing at the city lights as Adam explained where the heck we were going.

"It's kind of a club type place," Adam said vaguely. I glanced at him. "You go clubbing?" I asked curiously. Maybe Hollywood did change Adam. But I bet it's only a little. "The reason I asked is because I don't remember pop music being your style," I added. Adam shrugged.

"You'll see," he said, flashing me a smirk.

~~~

"Adam. Martin. Tenth from the bottom," Adam said, being extra careful to have his hood pulled over half his face. He was also wearing his Ray Ban sunglasses that rested so perfectly on his nose. I looked at the bouncer's list over Adam's shoulder. The bouncer unhooked the velvet rope and let us pass.

We walked into the club, and found that it wasn't pop music blasting at all. Heavy rock and metal burst from the speakers, and a mosh pit was located at the front, near the stage. Some type of underground band was headbanging their brains out up on stage.

"I can't believe you still like this kind of music!" I shouted over the loud guitar. Adam grinned at me. The crowd was huge, and within seconds, the three of us were swallowed inside it. I made sure my hand was around Hayley's wrist, and that my arm was locked with Adam's. He led us in a train to the back of the club.

"Hell yeah!" Adam said, still grinning at me. I laughed, making sure Hayley was still by my side. She looked traumatized; she was wide-eyed and her hair was all messed up. I let go of Adam's arm and tried to snap Hayley out of it.

"Hayley," I said, waving my hands in front of her face. She was just staring blankly ahead, but her eyes were sparkling. Her jaw was hanging open, and that was a sign she wasn't snapping out of it any time soon. I sighed and started trying to fix her hair.

"Do you come hear every Friday night?" I asked Adam. I didn't have to be as loud this time, because there weren't really any speakers near the bar. Adam was watching me, his blue eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Every other night I don't have work," he said with a half-smile. I raised my eyebrows. "So I'm guessing that's how you know exactly where you are on the list," I said. He nodded proudly.

"Yeah. The only thing is, no one ever comes here with me. None of the people at work like this kind of music or place. They just stick to movies and shopping at night," Adam said, leaning his elbows against the table.

"Well, we're here," I said with a smile, gesturing to Hayley and myself. Adam smiled.

"The best person to be here," he said. I felt myself flush. Good thing it was pitch black except for the stage lights.

"Jen!" Hayley suddenly shrieked. I covered my ears and jumped. My eyes widened as I looked at Hayley.

"What?!" I said, suddenly frightened at her outburst. Adam chuckled, and I shot him a quick look. He stopped.

"This place is amazing!" Hayley screamed, throwing her hands up into the air. Adam burst into laughter again and Hayley gave him a high-five. She started running toward the insane crowd, but I caught her just in time.

"Are you freakin' insane?!" I shouted incredulously. My eyes flickered from Hayley, to the mosh pit, and then back to her. "Yeah, this place is amazing, but you'll get murdered! Honestly, you'll get stepped on by some sweaty guys in a mosh pit!" I screamed at her. I shook her shoulders for good measure.

"Hey," Hayley giggled, looking past me and up at the stage. She looked amused, and she had a little smile on her face. I whipped around to look at the stage, where I saw a figure ready to jump into the crowd. A certain Ray Ban and gray jacket-wearing figure.

"What the hell?!" I shrieked. I watched, wide-eyed, as Adam dived into the crowd. "NO!" I screamed. As much as I wanted to dive in to rescue Adam, I couldn't leave Hayley alone. Some drunken weirdo could kidnap her or something.

I watched as Adam was carried toward us by the jumping crowd. A hefty guy put him down on his feet. Adam turned to us, grinning.

"That was epic," he said, running over to meet us. I gawked at him. "Are you crazy?! You could've died or something!" I shouted in his face. "And that's really the last thing I want, Adam. Because I don't want to lose you!" Adam grinned. What is he grinning for?! Then I realized what I had just said, and I immediately looked down. I felt an arm around my waist.

"I'll stay right here if you want," Adam said, just loud enough for me to hear. Hayley was standing near the back of the crowd, jumping to the music. Then I realized... it seems fun.

"Maybe we could join Hayley for a bit?" I asked sheepishly. Adam smirked, one of his eyebrows raised. "Definitely," he said.