My Challenge

𝙅𝙖𝙘𝙤𝙗
↓     ↓     ↓    ↓    ↓    ↓     ↓

 𝙅𝙖𝙘𝙤𝙗↓     ↓     ↓    ↓    ↓    ↓     ↓

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙥𝙮

I pushed a sigh from my lips, and ripped the scroll off of the tree. "For the servant woman," I read aloud, "we have prepared a challenge for you to see how far your loyalty lies. Remember, you can't save everyone." My eyebrows pulled together, and I looked "What does that mean."

"Unfortunately, not all of our Lost Boys "escaped"," Penelope waved quotation marks over the last word. "Now, Harpy. You have the chance to save this poor boy, or yourself." To be honest, I still didn't really understand what was going on.

"Kira." I glanced back to Jughead who was pointing at a fancy box tied in a silk ribbon. I hesitantly stepped forward, taking it off of the tree trunk, and pulling it open. There sat a Glock 19. "I don't understand." The Black Hood stepped out of the trees, holding a gun to what looked to be a fourteen year old boy. If he had a beanie on, he would look Jughead did when he was that age.

"You have to make a choice. In twenty seconds, if you have not shot the Lost Boy then your fate will be a treacherous death. Starting now." Jughead stepped up to my side. "He doesn't have a family, Aj. No one's gonna miss him." I gulped my hands shaking as I aimed the gun at the boy.

He shook his head, a shudder went through my body. No one will miss him. I silently chided myself for thinking such thoughts. I'm not a killer, I'm not gonna let Penelope make me into one of her monsters. The time was ticking. I had to do something, or someone was going to die, and personally... I was planning a lot of things for my future.

"Six seconds, Harpy." I lowered the gun pondering the idea of shooting the Hal instead. The kid could run away, but the didn't exactly mean that Archie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica, and I wouldn't also get shot. Who knows if the gun's even fully loaded.

I pulled the gun back up aiming at Hal instead of the kid. This was my only chance, but what about Betty? That was her father. Before I knew it, a loud shot rung out through the woods. Time was out.

For a moment, I thought I did it. I thought I shot the Black Hood, the man who murdered, the monster of our small town, but then, I felt a stabbing pain in my rib. It started as a dull ache, but it only got worse. "AJ!" My heart was hammering against my chest, and ringing filled my ears as I looked down.

A small hole had ripped my dress, but it wasn't from a tree like I was hoping, blood seeped from the wound, but you couldn't see it through my dress. I could only feel it, covering my stomach. I looked up towards Penelope who had an evil glint in her eye, and a wicked smirk painted across her face. "Here, you can have him." The Black Hood pushed the 'Lost Boy' —who was now sobbing — our way.

"Hurry on, wouldn't want to bleed out before you got to say your last goodbyes to Sweet Pea now would you?" I grabbed onto the kid's pulling him along as he bawled, spewing out apologies like they were the only words he knew.

I couldn't be angry at him. It wasn't his fault. There was still a chance I could survive this. At least until I could see Sweet Pea. The walk was silent as we trekked through the woods. The small boy with a bowl cut helped me to stand up, as the other girls slowly fell under the poison's curse, it was beginning to affect them.

The next card was also pinned to a tree. I tried to read the small paper, but the woods began to spin, and my head began to hurt. "You're up, Jug." Thank God for Betty. Luckily, my wound hadn't dulled my senses enough to make me forget I had one. I have faith that we'll make it out. We have to make it out.

I have to tell Sweet Pea goodbye. I gotta remind I love him at least one more time if I die. "The battle of kings." Betty read, "Only one shall leave the kingdom of Eldervair." Jacob, and I followed the court to the Gargoyle King shrine surrounded by small fire pits.

Chic stepped out of the trees showing how he had dramatically beefed up since the last time we saw him. Another major difference, his crimson red hair. Chic started to run, and Jughead bolted after him. I couldn't tell what they were going for. It was too dark for me to see.

By the sound of metal, I assumed it was some sort of blade. Whatever it was, the lost boy could see it, and he looked terrified. I grabbed his hand turning him around. "Hey, hey, it's okay." Tears flooded the boy's eyes as he shook his head, repeating more apologies. "What's your name?" I asked trying to calm him.

"Ja-Jacob." I smiled softly, beginning to notice the black clouding the edges of my vision. "I'm Kira. Can-can you do me a favor?" Jacob nodded quickly, "When you get out of here, tell Sweet Pea I love him." Then,

It was black.

 OH MY GOSH! This chapter is kinda crazy!! I'm sorry it took me so long to publish such a short chapter, but here you go

OH MY GOSH! This chapter is kinda crazy!! I'm sorry it took me so long to publish such a short chapter, but here you go. Don't be a silent reader.

Vote.
Comment.
Tell me how ya feel.