Keep Me Safe-Chapter Two

"You know what you need?" Taylor asks me.

"Something to numb my wrist?" I say, wincing as the needle glides along the inside of my wrist.

Talyor sees me wincing. "No one told you to go and get a tattoo. Just because it was on Adam's and your's crazy list, didn't mean you actually had to do it."

"Whatever, it's almost finished anyway. I think I can take a few more minutes of this."

"Actually, it's all done." The guy drawing the tattoo says while putting down the needle and admiring his handiwork. I look at my wrist as he starts to clean up. There it is. Adam's name written in small, elegant cursive.

"I love it. Thank you." I say to the guy and he nods as if to say no problem. I get up to leave and feel a slight burn as my bag brushes against my wrist. I should probably put something over that for a while. A band-aid should do the job.

"It looks great, Rose." Taylor comments and takes my hand to get a better look at it when we step out of the tattoo parlor. Fall is just starting and it feels amazing outside. Much better than summer's heat, I think, as the wind ruffles my hair.

"Yeah, he did a pretty amazing job." I reply, looking down at it again.

"Okay, now back to what I was saying in the parlor, before you changed the subject," Tay says, shooting me a look. I wonder if she realizes she just now changed the subject, too, but I don't get to ask her before she continues. "As I was saying, what you need is a good pick me  up. A good guy to give you something to think about."She smiles as if this is the answer to all my problems.

"A guy. Right. Wonderful idea, Tay. And when that doesn't work?" I say, hoping she'll realize what a lost cause this is. Maybe she'll realize I have no intention of going along with her plan, and just give up.

"If that doesn't work, then i'll just have to think of something else to get your mind off of things. A Plan B." She says, smiling like she knows something I don't. "But I don't think that'll be necessary."

I roll my eyes at her as we finally reach my car and get in. We had to park a little ways away from the parlor because there was nowhere else to park. I start the car and go down the road trying to find the one that'll lead me to the highway.

I look at Taylor. "Why are you smiling like that?" I ask, eyeing her smile.

"No reason. Why can't I just smile because I want to. Maybe I'm just happy. Why do I have to have an ulterior motive behind my smiles?" She's still smiling. I'm starting to not like that smile.

"Because that, my friend, is not a normal smile. That's a smile that says there's something you're not telling me. And plus, I just know you." I point out. I look at my new tatto again and admire the calligraphy. The tatto artist really did do a good job. It does Adam's name justice.

"You're just going to have to wait 'till tomorrow to find out if there really is something behind my smile." She says, bring my thoughts back to what she could possibly be planning.

There was no way of getting it out of her at this point, so I just let it go and dropped her off at her house before heading to my own.

                                                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was gonna post more, but I haven't had time and this draft was just sitting there so this is all imma post. I'll try and post more soon, hope u like it :)  have any quesitons, comments, concerns, just message, vote, or comment aha :)  ~Tiffany