Chapter 30

You arrive at the office the following afternoon, to work on your song again with JYP. Today you are recording the audio for the song.

Once reaching the recording studio, JYP greets you and introduces you to the production team.

(JYP) "If there's anything you need, just let a staff member know."

You take a seat at the conference table, where the producer goes through the process of recording the song. After explaining what you will be doing, you are taken through the equipment.

(JYP) "Are we ready to start?"

(Y/N) "I'm ready."

(Producer) "Yes, everything is ready."

You go through the song, repeatedly until there are no mistakes. Recording the harmonies and melodies, to go with the rythm.

Finally, each part of the song is recorded.

(Producer) "Cut! That's everything."

The staff let out a sincere round of applause directed at Y/N.

(JYP) "Well done Y/N, you did very well for your first ever solo performance. I'm sure it was difficult."

(Y/N) "No, I found it easy to be honest."

(JYP) "Haha, fair enough. You must be a natural."

(Producer) "We will send you a copy of the song when it has finished being edited. You can expect it by Friday."

(Y/N) "Thank you for your help."

(Producer) "Don't worry about it, you did great."

(JYP) "You've worked well on your solo. I can see you're potential. I know I judged you well. Enjoy the rest of your day, we will speak again before the debut stage."

(Y/N) "Thank you sir."

Proudly, Y/N leaves the studio and the JYPE building.

On the way home, you message Dahyun.

Y/N: Hey, how are you?

Sent 19:41

After half an hour, you arrive back at the hotel. As you enter the living room, you check your phone to check for a reply from Dahyun.

Nothing

Y/N: I just got home after recording my solo song today. It was so much fun. Are you free to talk?

Sent 20:18

Still, there is no response.

Your POV

I'm sure she is just busy, it doesn't matter if she doesn't reply tonight, we will see eachother soon anyway.

Friday morning

Narrator's POV

You wake, to the sound of your alarm. The final alarm which will wake you up from your penthouse bed, for today is the day you move in with the rest if the group.

Upon checking your phone, you see a text message. Hoping for a message from Dahyun, you open it up. Disappointingly, it is Mr Kang.

Mr Kang: Good morning everyone. As you know, you are all moving into the dorm today. I trust you are all already packed. You will be picked up from your current location at 12. I will be at the dorms waiting for you.

Sent 9:27

Minho: We are, see you soon.

Sent 9:29