Chapter 57 - I am yours

They get back into the van and Dart drives over to LAX. When they arrive there, Jake is outside, waiting for them. Jo jumps into his arms and hugs him. Jake laughs and says: "Hey sis. I'm here to take this van back. And to hug you before you fly off to somewhere." Dart takes their suitcases out and Jo grabs the bag with all the gifts. Jake hugs Dart and says: "Spoil her rotten, okay? She deserves to be treated like a queen." 

Dart says: "I will. I promise." 

Jo hugs Jake again and tears start to form in her eyes. Jake says: "Don't you dare cry sis. I still have to drive back." Jake grabs her wrist and puts the bracelet with Venice Beach sand back on. He kisses it and says: "Have fun and don't worry about anything. Just love and trust that man and it will all be fine." Jo nods and bites her lip. She quickly turns around and walks into the building. Dart gives Jake the keys to the van and thanks him. "See you in a few weeks!" 

Dart walks in en already sees the first flashes, but he ignores the paparazzi en searches for Jo with his eyes. He sees her sitting on a chair with her hands covering her face and with camera's pointed at her on a somewhat decent distance. He sits down next to her and pulls her onto his lap. Jo whispers: "I'm sorry. I just hate saying goodbye. Especially to Jake." 

Dart rubs her back and says: "No need to apologize, I know." 

Jo takes a deep breath and weakly smiles at Dart. "It's amazing that I still have tears left." 

Dart chuckles softly and says: "Ready to board the plane?" 

Jo looks at him confused and says: "We need to check in first, right? And the luggage..." 

Dart gives her his signature smile and says: "We're doing things slightly different this time." Dart slides her from his lap and gets up, grabbing the suitcases and says: "Follow me, my pretty wife." Jo picks up the bag and follows him, wondering where he is going. The paparazzi try to ask questions, but stay at a safe distance and are thankfully less pushy than normal.

When they walk out on the tarmac, Jo blinks a few times. Dart is walking up to to a small plane and shakes hands with the pilot. Jo walks up to them and the pilot greats her, saying: "Hi Jo. I'm Alejandro. I will be flying you to..." He looks at Dart and Dart nods. "To Mexico. To Manzanillo International Airport to be more exact." 

Jo whispers: "Mexico?" 

Alejandro nods and says: "It will be about six hours before we arrive there, but I am sure you can make yourself comfortable on this plane." He invites Jo to get on the plane to see for herself. Jo almost faints when she sees all the luxury inside. 

She touches one of the chairs and whispers: "So soft." Dart stares at her from the door, watching all the emotions on her face. Jo turns to him and says: "I don't even know how to process this all. We're flying to Mexico on this plane? Just us?" Dart nods and smiles at her. Jo sinks into one of the chairs and mumbles: "Wow." 

Dart puts the suitcases away with Alejandro and talks some things through with him. Jo is still touching everything around her, completely stunned. Dart sits down next to her and touches her cheek gently. "What are you thinking of love?" 

Jo stares at him and says: "My mind is kind of blank right now..." 

Dart kisses her softly and says: "Just relax. Alejandro is the best pilot out there and this plane is one of the most comfortable ones I ever flew on." Jo leans back into her chair and closes her eyes. Alejandro comes in and closes the door, before sitting down in the cockpit. 

He turns around and says: "Are you two ready?" 

Dart squeezes Jo's hand and asks: "Are you ready love?"