𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

The kitchen was full of different scents, Rocky and I had the inside smelling like the 4th of July

The kitchen was full of different scents, Rocky and I had the inside smelling like the 4th of July. The macaroni and cheese bubbling in the oven, we had the kitchen while the boys were outside on the grill.

"You and Kojo seem to be getting close," Rocky asked softly, raising her eyebrows at me.

"Yeah, we are. He's growing on me foreal," I smiled feeling my cheeks heat up.

He was like a breath of fresh air and I wouldn't trade that feeling for anything. He reminded me that all good things do come to those that wait and I wasn't waiting anymore. I hope he had pure intentions most guys work harder trying to get you than keep you.

"I ain't ever seen him like this," Rocky said as she shucked the corn on the cob. "He really likes you but take baby steps you just got out of a relationship. I don't need you going in over your head,"

"We taking it slow, we gotta form a friendship and I don't know where it'll go from there but I'ma trust the process," I twisted my lips sliding the seasoned shrimp on a stick followed by vegetables and steak.

"I'm so glad you dropped that piece of shit," she sighed deeply. "I still wanna kill him for the shit he put you through,"  

"He can drop dead for all I care," I shook my head not even wanting to think about him anymore.

"Y'all got it smelling good in here," AJ said bringing in a bowl full of meat into the kitchen, setting it down on the stove.

His hands were a mess but he still managed to sneak in a kiss from Rocky, their weird relationship was cute and it worked for them.

I finished what I was doing and went outside to a smokey atmosphere. Kojo was behind the grill, picking at the ribs. I had the kabobs in a pan, sitting them on a table for him to put them down.

"Wassup," he looked over to me with a seductive grimace.

"Just finished making these," I looked down at the kabobs, putting them on the grill.

"Shit look nasty," he smacked his lips and I just looked up with him, my face scrunched up. "I'm just playing,"

"Yeah, you know better,"

"I do?," he shook his head and looked down at me.

"Yup," I said popping the 'P' and clicking my tongue. "I know you out here hot,"

"You see this melanin? Soak that shit up, ain't hurting me," he tossed the barbecued meat into a clear bowl.

"The winter got me pale as hell," I pushed my lip out, looking down at my fawn colored skin. It was getting darker the more I stayed outside.

The beach definitely played a roll in making my skin darker. I loved it and didn't mind turning another shade.

"Take this in the house," he handed me the bowl full of food and I did as he said.

After we had everything set up we all fixed our plates and sat down at the table to eat. Kojo blessed the food.

I was ready to dig in, stuffing my face like the food was gone disappear. Everything tasted good and the ribs were fire. Making my taste buds dance happily in my mouth.

Everybody was clowning and we just talked about the rest of our trip. We were gonna go to Disneyland for the next two days and I was excited.

All I wanted to do as a child was go to Disney. My friends would be there for during school breaks and I was at home chilling. Kind of how I became a homebody.

"Finna bust yo ass on 2K," AJ said getting up from the table and pulling his saggy pants up.

"You don't want this work nigga," Kojo said wiping his mouth off with a napkin and throwing it down and getting up from the table.

"Damn y'all ain't gone finish the food? We don't waste shit over this way," I raised an eyebrow and looked down at both of their plates.

"Ain't nobody wasting nothing, we gone finish. Let us play this game right quick," He waved me off going to turn the playstation on and grabbing a controller.

Their right quick turned into all night. They stayed on the game the entire night. It's like once they started playing it was hard for them to get off. This game was unhealthy for niggas, couldn't even get their attention they were so focused.

Rocky and I cleaned up the food, putting everything away, and went upstairs to take a shower and put on more comfortable clothes.

I put on my shorts and a tank top, laying down comfortably in my bed. There was no TV in this room so my only source of entertainment was my phone.

I overheard AJ and Rocky yelling as they came upstairs so I assumed Kojo had to have been downstairs. I didn't see or hear him come up.

As I forced myself up from the bed my phone was ringing, a private number calling me. I just ignored it and headed downstairs to check and see what Kojo was up to.

He was laid back on the couch with his hood on, his fingers on the game controller. He looked into the game and I just sat next to him and watched the screen.

"What you come down here for?" He raised an eyebrow just keeping his face toward the screen.

"I can't come down here?" I scrunched my face up and tilted my head.

"You grown you do what you wanna do," he shrugged his shoulders.

"Well if youn want me down here I can leave, came down here to keep you company," I grabbed my phone and started to get up hoping he'd stop and say something else but he said nothing.

I just scoffed and went back upstairs. If he didn't want to be bothered that's all he had to say. All that extra shit is uncalled for. Got me thinking I did something to him, we was cool all day and now he wanna switch up.

But he better keep that same energy tomorrow cause I see what type of time we on.