“How did you know?” I gasp in surprise. It was Nate who gave me the harmonica months ago on our birthday. The harmonica is the only token I have of him.

I smile when I remember that day. We celebrated our birthday with the pack for the first and only time. Not only I gave him a watch, but I also pranked him. My smile widens when I remember how girly he sounded when he screamed.

“I saw ‘How to Play the Harmonica for Dummies’ on the table in your room a few days ago,” he says sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

I roll my eyes at him. “It was your fault that you pushed me into the river and got my things wet. Not to mention my phone is destroyed.”

That reminds me…

“I need to borrow your phone,” I say out of the blue.

“Why?”

“Remember what I said about the witch hunter? Mary? She’s the HQ Agent who always checked up on me every day. No wonder it feels a little out of place these days. She couldn’t contact me because my phone is no longer functioning,” I explain when he hands me his phone.

I dial in the number that I can remember so easily.

“What is her guardian animal?” Augustus asks me. “I’ve seen her briefly once in a while.”

“She’s an owl,” I tell him.

“Hello?” Mary says from the other line. She sounds exhausted. I also hear yellings in the background, who I know are the twins.

“Mary,” I say with a smile.

“Melanie?” she yells in excitement. “Where have you been, young lady? I tried calling you and your number no longer exists! Where are you? Still in Blanefield?”

Augustus stares at me while I talk to Mary. “Sorry, my phone died after someone pushed me into a river.”

I glare at Augustus when I said that, making him chuckle.

“That sounds like sarcasm. What happened?”

I look at Augustus for permission. Should I tell her? Thomas is the evil guy who is planning to start a war by killing the Peacekeeper using my mother. We need Mary since she used to be a witch hunter so she can lead us to witches and ask witches for help. We also need Mary and the twins’ help to kill of demons, vampires and rogue werewolves.

“I’m going to tell you everything, so I need you to listen carefully,” I say calculatedly.

Mary listens as I explain everything from what happened in Newborough until Nate’s kidnapping and the discovery of the living of my parents. Even Mary is surprised with that piece of information.

“Nicholas and Cassandra are alive?” Mary repeats in stun.

“Yes, they are. There is something that you should know,” I say hesitantly. “My mother is no longer a shifter.”

“What do you mean?” she asks in confusion.

Then I tell her about what happened years ago. How Thomas acted suspiciously and my mother spying on him. Mum drinking the serum and making her the only Medusa left on Earth.

“So your mother is the only person that can kill the Peacekeeper?” Mary asks me.

“Yes.”

“But even if Thomas has his hands on Cassandra, he must find the Peacekeeper too. That will buy him some time,” Mary reasons.

I bite my lips.

“Let’s hope he doesn’t know then,” I lie. The only people who knows that Lisbeth is the Peacekeeper are my parents, Augustus, Wendy, Bibiana and the other Demigods as well as Ziggy.