{Chapter Fifty-One}

⚠️Warning: Following scenes contains mentions of abuse/assault, mentions suicidal attempts, mentions near death and/or death, as well as scenes depicting symptoms of drug withdrawal. If affected, please read with caution.

~~~~~

《1988》

*Tommy*

God.... This is so BORING!!!!

I know this is supposed to be good for me and the others, but can't there be something more fun to do while getting clean!?

We practically spent New Years here and didn't even get champagne!!

... Well, we got apple cider, but it wasn't the good kind.....

Sadly MJ was in the female's side of the rehab center we checked ourselves into, but we still got to see her from time to time mostly during therapy.

She was allowed a night when Nikki came down with a case of the flu, or as the doctors described it, the "Junkie Jitters."

She didn't leave his side until he was better.

The five of us had a group session twice a week together, the rest was individual.

The day would usually start with waking up, showering and stuff. After that, breakfast, and then, depending who you are, medication or detoxing or whatever, or visitation. After that, lunch time, followed by therapy sessions. Then, outdoor time where you exercise and stuff. Soon, dinner time, followed by recreation inside (television, reading, shit like that), and then its time for bed.

Sharise was visiting with Skylar and they were seeing Vince right now. She wasn't sure about bringing Skylar. As far as she knows, her dad, aunt and uncles are sick and are going to stay with special doctors for a few days.

Not a complete lie, but its what we could tell a toddler so she isn't freaked out.

According to Mick, MJ had an individual session today, and Nikki did, too.

Both of them don't know where they stand together after making amends.

"Mick..." I asked, looking over to him as he laid on his back, lying down like he usually does, face up with his arms over his chest.

Mick and I were roommates here. Not sure why he seemed irritated about it at first.... Maybe he's stressed about being here... Yeah, that has to be it..

Nikki and Vince were in another room, but Nikki was currently in a detox room. I heard it was pretty bad at the beginning, but he should be out soon.

MJ was given her own room in solitude, mostly because of what they told her.

Apparently, they diagnosed Mallory with clinical depression, anxiety, and after admitting her suicidal tenancies, they had her on 24/7 surveillance, marking her a high risk patient. It seemed much, but it was either that, or transfer her to an asylum instead for way longer than a few months, which I hear is a billion times worse.

Also, due to Mick's back condition, they mostly have him resting in his room majority of the time when he needs it, and giving him special medicine to help with his pain and help him move better.

Right now, I decided to keep him company during that after lunch.

"What?" he sighed as he looked over the best he could.