Chapter Ten

"Just play it cool

"Just play it cool. She'll come around."

"Really? That's your profound advice?"

"Okay Jordon I'm going to keep this real simple for you", I hum beside him, carefully stressing "Delilah

"Okay Jordon I'm going to keep this real simple for you", I hum beside him, carefully stressing "Delilah... is Delilah."

Growing increasingly frustrated, Jordon dismissively shakes his head "No it's not Ave. The science is-"

"Impossible" I cut him off adamantly shaking my head.

As I sip from my cup of orange juice, Jordon gives me a hard disinterested look. Clearly deciding his approach wasn't working, Jordon leans further into the table "You're telling me out of everything you've seen you don't believe they've shoved another soul inside Delilah."

"Priya's?" I raise a skeptical brow towards Jordon.

When he nods, Bellamy throws out there across the table from me "Jordon remember you're speaking to a woman who doesn't believe in anything remotely close to that."

"Because it always comes down to science Bell", I reason with a roll of my eyes, tapping my finger adamantly on the table as if it'll prove my point "There's no possible way the people who barely have a grasp on what a positively charged particle is have designed a way to transfer one person into the body of another much less store their dead's souls for a hundred-odd years." Peering back to Jordon, I suggest more reasonably with a scrunch of my nose "Maybe she's just not that into you?"

Still not taking what I'm telling him, Jordon tries to stubbornly reason with Bellamy, Murphy and I "This morning I met her just outside the palace and brought her a daisy under the idea it's her favorite flower. But yesterday she told me her favorite flowers were the calla lilies."

"Calla lilies are nice", Murphy hums, sharing a glance with Bellamy. Both boys keep a straight face for a moment before grins break out across their expressions, their laughter echoing into their drinks. Clearly finding what Jordon's saying just as amusing as I. The only difference is I'm not laughing at him.

On the outside anyway.

"I'm serious", Jordon stresses to the pair across the table from us "Something happened in that reliquary. It's like she doesn't even know me."