Life-Love-Lies: The Liberation

Everything I knew was a lie. They told me I was left on a doorstep...abandoned...I wasn't left I was taken. Taken to be a Templar Agent. The murdered my parents, Assassins...both of them. I will take my revenge on ever last one. My name is Marco Volkov. I am an Assassin. And this was my life.

My first memory...my liberation...my birthday.

Inside our little world there were four rules

No friends

No loves

Never lose your way

Remain ever vigilant

I am guilty of all.

Our finally day inside...the....the massive campus which thousands of kids had learned to call home.

"Omega 931 Your up" calls my instructor over the headset as i stand at attention with my friends and comrades over the first nine years of my life. I stormed down the ramp into the cable car that would take myself and fourteen others deep into the Caverns. 

The ride lasted about a half an hour until we finally set down on the bottom of the Caverns. We set a defensive perimeter and set out in our teams just as quick. 

The older kids always told us of the horrors of the infamous Caverns. Always telling us the only thing they could, "Keep the lights on and your eyes open!" This was the only thing they were every allowed to know about their experiences. But when barely 1 out of every 15 kids came out, it was more then enough.

As Joey, Grace and myself followed the HUD guide lights in our helmets we could already hear the screaming already...

Little about my friends, Grace was the single most beautiful girl I ever knew. She had golden blonde hair, deep sea blue eyes. She did everything right. She was a perfect Templar trainee. Joey was my best friend. They were the only kids here that were related. Both are perfect in every way.

Grace always had a beautiful form but when it was just us, it was our entire life in an instant...I loved her always.

Joey however was my best friend after i came here. Moments in my dorm and three seniors storm in tackling me and beating me. Joey came in and saved me. Later that night I met the girl I was always meant for.

As soon as I realized what was happened I screamed out "Headlamps" instantly turning on my own and sighing with relief when Grace and Joey got theirs on.

"What the hell is happening Marco," Grace screams as we moved back to back

"This is it...this is what happens" Joey stammers as he levels his rifle to his shoulder

"Just stay calm, Joey...Grace you picking anything up on thermal?"

"I don't need thermal, I got one in my sights!" she whispers as she brings her rifle up and opens up.

I hear a thump as i turn my lamp up seeing three figures walking toward us out of the black. I opened up pouring an entire magazine into the three of them and they just kept coming.

I slap in another clip as the man Grace was shooting suddenly stops in front of her, simply standing there. I hear the my instructor ordering us to stand down as the men all head back toward the cable car.

"What the hell is happening!" Grace screams at us.

"I don't know Gracey...I just don't know" i mumbled as I followed the men back to the car. 

"Lets get topside, ok, the instructors will explain, I'm sure of it." Joey whispers to us as we keep our rifles trained on the back of men who had just slaughtered our friends.

The ride up was terribly freaky with the men who just killed our friends and comrades riding right next to us. I manged to get some sleep with Grace laying next to me. God, she always knew how to comfort me. She was so beautiful, no matter what she did.

Joey woke us up before the instructors saw us and we quickly got ready for the debriefing

After we got out of the car we all headed toward the briefing room but thats when everything changed...

***********************************************************************************************************

Hey all...Just found this site like a week ago and am insanely thrilled to be here. Love to write. Hey do me a fav...leave me some comments so i can if i am doing anything right. Peace