Comfort || Leo

Request: No

Relationship: Leo/Reader

Summary: Leo had a bad day which means cuddles and comfort.

Note: I'm baaack! School has been taking a lot of my attention and I'm busy playing Dragon Age at the moment buuut I wrote this! So, here ya go.

-----

A light tap on your window woke you from your peaceful slumber. Your eyes fluttered for a moment before they started closing again, assuming it was only the rain hitting the glass. Taking a deep breath, you snuggled into your boyfriend's scarf that was wrapped around your neck and started to drift off. The insistent tapping sounded more rhythmic than the rain hitting the window.

You got up with a groan and dragged your feet over the window and unlocked it without thought. You stepped back with a yawn and one of your hands rubbed the dried mucous from your eyes. Hearing the soft thump of feet, you opened your eyes and let them adjust in the dark.

You realized it was your boyfriend, Leo, and water could be seen dripping from his body. From the dim light, you noticed he wasn't even carrying his sword or his pouch. He was shivering from the cold but he was trying to hide it.

"Leo? What're you doin' here?" Your voice gave a slight slur as you asked.

"Hey Gorgeous, sorry for coming here so late. Just wanted to get away." Hearing his hoarse voice, you understood.

Now more awake than before, you headed to your closet and pulled out an extra towel and handed it to him. He mumbled thanks before he started to pat himself dry. Once he was done he let it rest around his shoulders then opened his arms. Smiling, you took his invitation. You both stood there for a moment in silence as you took in his smell, his touch, and his warmth.

"You want some hot chocolate?" You murmured.

"Yeah, I'll get your laptop and pull up a movie too." He kissed your forehead before letting go.

"I'll be back in a minute," You said then headed to the kitchen as quiet as you can, not wanting to disturb your parents sleeping in another room.

You returned with two mugs in hand to see him sitting on your bed with his mind elsewhere instead of the laptop in front of him. The light from the laptop's screen casts a soft glow on his face and you sighed. There were dried tear marks on his face. Placing your drinks on your bedside table, you crawled up the bed to wrap your arms around him. He placed his head on your shoulder and let out a shuddering breath.

"It's okay." You could feel your shirt grow damp, as well as the scarf that was still around your neck. You placed a kiss on top of his head and rubbed his shell. Hearing the quiet sobs, you squeezed him in comfort and remained silent, knowing that he needed this.

Whether it was hours or minutes, Leo's back rose up and down rhythmically and his breath grew even. The laptop in front of you two had gone to sleep and the only source of light was from your window. You moved one of your hands to hold his, rubbing circles on top of his hand. After a while, he lifted his hand from yours and pinched the fabric around your neck.

"You sleep with this?"

"Haha, yeah I do." You glanced at his hand, shifting your eyes as you feel the heat on your face out of embarrassment. "I dunno, it makes it seem like you're here with me."

"I love you." You almost choked when you heard those three words. You guys had never said it out loud before but hearing him say it? Looking down, you found him already staring at you. You never noticed but love could be seen in his eyes when he looked at you. A corner of his lips lifted up seeing you so surprised.

"I-I love you too." You stammered, feeling breathless all of a sudden. He let out a chuckle, his smile widening. You rolled your eyes at that. "Glad to see you're getting better."

"Yep, thank you." He said giving your neck a quick kiss before he leaving your embrace. You nodded before taking your laptop once again to pick a movie. You shifted a bit, put his arm around you, and lay your head on his shoulder. You let out a sigh. You tried to watch the opening credits but you soon felt your eyes fluttering before closing. The world soon turned dark to you.

-----

Thank you 0346am for helping me with this one!