Mafia Affair- chp 4

Chapter 4

The sun was rising over the hills and the rays was slowly creeping into my bedroom. Last night I showed up at my parents house.I let them know first and foremost that I was tired and would answer any questions in the morning. After hearing that they showed Leon to the guest room while I took Gianni to my room. I was almost afraid to leave my room. Something deep down was telling me that they were in their room waiting for the sound of my room door opening. I sighed then turned to look at Gianni. He had keep me up for most of the night and had not too long ago gone back to sleep. I wondered how Leon had slept. He must have felt uneasy having had to leave all his body guards at home. There was a knock at my room door. I guess mom couldn't wait for me to wake up.

"Kaity . .. are you awake in there?" Mom asked timidly. I thought about not answering but then I knew she would come in to check anyway and if I were sleeping she would have kept asking if I was sleeping until I woke up.

"Yes mama I'm awake."

The door swung open and mama walked in in her night dress. She hadn't even bothered to get dressed first. She walked over to the bed and smiled down at Gianni. "Aw look at him, isn't he just darlin?"

I smiled too. Gianni seemed to have that effect on people. Just then Shire, the family labrador, jogged into the room. He came into the house as a puppy a year before I left and he was a great dog. He trotted to where my foot hung off of the bed and sat.

"Good morning Shire." I greeted him warmly. He barked his response. Gianni stirred slightly but didn't wake up.

"There'll be no more of that you silly dog, not until the baby's awake now go lock the door." Mama ordered. I would have thought she placed too much faith in the dog but he actually got up, walked to the door and push it closed with his nose. I stared in shock and amazement. "Your da taught him how to fetch a remote as well." Mama put in. Shire came back to my foot and laid down again. "He's missed you a great deal you know." Mama pointed out. Shire and I use to be inseperable. "And he's not the only one who's missed you alot." Mama said taking on a more serious tone.

"I'm sorry I never kept in touch mama." I knew that that was what she wanted to hear but I also knew there would be more.

"Sorry, you're sorry? Kaitlyn you've left your parents worried for over a year and kept us from our own granchild and all you can say is you're sorry?"

"Well what else do you want me to say?"

"Well you can start explaining for starters. Like who is the young man you brought home or how about what is the name of my granchild?"

I took a deep breath. I knew these questions were coming."Gianni is his name. Gianni Cael Marcello."  I wanted him to have a mixture so his first name was Italian but his middle name was scottish.

"Marcello?" Mama asked.

I sighed. "That's where the stranger in the next room comes in."

"I'm listening." Mama said suspiciously.

"Do you remember the day I called and told you I was raped?"

"How could I forget?" Mama asked bitterly.

"Well . . . he's the one who did it." I said feeling awkward about telling this to my mother. She jumped up immediately.

"What!?" She screamed.

Gianni began crying. He wasn't fully awake so I picked him up and began rocking him back to sleep. He quieted down almost instantly. "Mama not so loud please." I said not daring to look at her.

"Kaitlyn how can you bring that monster into this house?!" She whispered furiously.

"Mama calm down, I owe Grammy."