People Pleaser.

"So, you're just gonna wait for Waves to make her decision?" Wynonna asked, legs out on the coffee table as she lay on Nicole's couch, next to the redhead, glass of whiskey in her hand that rested on top of the arm of the couch.

"Yeah. It's her life. She can decide what she wants, who she wants...and if she decides not to have me then...so be it." Nicole shrugged as if she wasn't dying inside.

Wynonna hummed, then turned to look at Nicole with a sharp inhale.

"Don't-cha think that's a bit sad?"

Nicole frowned at the brunette, sitting up and running a hand through her hair as she adjusted the cushions behind her.

"I mean, what am I suppose to do? I could never force her into anything- I couldn't hurt her like that." Nicole bit at the skin of her thumb, huffing.

"Waves is a smart kid, always has been, but she's never been one to take what she wants- Champ fucking Hardy's role in her life must have somethin' to do with it, I'm sure." Wynonna started, a scoff following shortly.

"She's a people pleaser, always wants the attention on anyone but her, so, that's probably why being all lovely dove-y with you ain't happening- because she's never had the attention on her before, not long enough to strike something in someone anyway..." Wynonna sipped her whiskey.

Nicole bit hard at the skin of her thumb, breaking skin. She licked her lips and sat forward on the couch, contemplating her thoughts as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Don't beat yourself up about it, Haught. Not your fault Daddy was an asshole and a drunk." Wynonna patted Nicole's shoulder as she leaned forward, holding her drink in both hands as she swirled the contents around while Nicole sat in thought.

Nicole tensed at the mention of the Earp sisters upbringing.

Waverly had told Nicole one night in college about her growing up and living situation, how Ward was a drunk, abusive and practically hated Waverly, spitting venom at the younger girl whenever he got the chance. She told her about how their mother abandoned them just before Waverly turned four and how their oldest sister, Willa, killed herself after Ward did the same.

The Earp sisters had it rough.

It was almost understandable why Waverly didn't want the attention from people: because attention meant popularity, and popularity meant being obliged to invite her father to cheerleading tryouts, meetings, school events- and that was something Ward hated and didn't have a problem demonstrating to Waverly whenever events such as these had to be attended by a parent/guardian.

"Fucking Ward." Nicole hissed.

Wynonna scoffed a laugh, sipping her whiskey once more and replying:

"Yeah, fucking Ward."

___Meanwhile___

Waverly didn't know what to feel anymore.

It felt as if her own emotions were betraying her.

She wanted to love Nicole- she really did.

But whenever she had finally convinced herself to just drive to Nicole's house, storm through her front door and confess, her brain started playing tricks on her.

The voices creeped in.

Twisted and full of venom.