Chapter 24

(Not edited)

"Arnav!!" Aman rushed inside his room to see him awake, sitting against a pillow.

"Yeh kya hogya yaar? Yeh sab kya hai? Kese hua yeh sab? Mujhe btaya bhi nhi!!... Ab kuch bolega bhi?" (What is all this? What has happened? How did it even happen? Now will you even speak out!!")

"Only if you shut up and its nothing. Just a small accident-"

"Yeah!!! Small. Very small. Because he just got hit by ONE bullet. So nothing to worry. Its just small." His mother smiled at Arnav humorously.

"Maa.." he whinned.

"Bullet!!" Aman looked shocked.

"Before you sit with your long question bank! Long story cut short!!"

"Khushi was kidnapped by those bastards again, I guess after the last night she left the office. Next day when I asked for her, she didn't reach office. I called on her cell that was switched off. So I went to her apartment only to get to know that she didn't reach her home last night. That panicked me. I went straight to police but they refused to help. So I asked Jay to search for her last cell location. And he helped. She was near an abandoned building and that raised my doubts. So I took my gun and left to search her. She was held hostage in a broken hut. There were three man and were torturing her. I went inside pointing the gun towards them but they seemed unfazed. It seemed as they were sort of expecting me there. We had little argument and fight thats how I was hit with the bullet but one of them is dead."

"Oh."

"Aman, we need to have a talk!" Ratna looked serious.

"On?" He asked

"Your marriage." She replied looking at Anjali.

Aman stilled and looked at Anjali who looked at him. He clearly could see anger and disgust in her eyes. Not able to look anymore he diverted his attention from her to Ratna.

"All is good Ma. What you wanna talk about ?"

"Aman.. we all know everything!" Arnav said making his eyes widen.

"Ma... I... Arnav... Its.. I am sorry but.. I couldn't... I mean I tried-"

"So you think I didn't try?" Anjali looked mad.

Aman looked at her but didn't answer. He looked back at Ratna and then at Arnav. Holding back a tear, he held his hand.

"Yaar, I know you trusted me with your sister but I guess I was never good for her. I should have known my status and standards before falling in love with her. I knew I was never a perfect match for her and now I ruined everything. I couldn't give her sense of security in our relationship. She doesn't trust me anymore. But that's alright. I am sorry but I quit." He looked broken yet mended.

"Aman-" Arnav was interrupted by Anjali.

"So easily he made me the villain. As if I am the sole reason behind all this. I don't know how can I just love him. Him, who doesn't have guts to accept his deeds. Who cheats on his wife. Such a cheap and vile man you are. I feel suffocated standing in same room with him... Why don't you just leave?" Anjali wasn't polite neither were her expressions.

"You both said enough. And now let elders handle this matter." Ratna intervened.

"Ma, everything is sorted. We are getting a divorce and that's it." Anjali stated.

"Will you just shut up Anu. Relations aren't broken when they get hit by a storm. They are protected rather. You guys are just facing a situation like that. But rather holding onto one another you want to leave the other into the dark ends of life. You both know you love each other, then what went wrong? Trust?"

"You lack in trust. You don't know what is trust? Right! Just because your father cheated on your mother, doesn't means that you will face the same fortune. Yes, I was a fool to trust that man blindly. Yes I loved him but never more than my children. I never want my children to have same horrible story in their lives. I know what it is to live a life all alone. I still cry reminiscing our old moments and ask where was I wrong, where did I lack that he had to visit another women?" Ratna wiped her tears away and continued after a long pause.

"Did you guys had a proper talk over it? Or Had you guys taken a rash decision?" She looked between Aman and Anjali

"We-" Aman was cut off by Anjali before he could complete.

"We did had a proper discussion over this." She said making Aman shock. Because he knew they didn't.

But Ratna caught onto the lie. She mentally noted to give a long lecture on this but before that she had others in her hand.

"Hm... Aman, I wanna talk with you alone!"

"J-ji Ma."

Ratna left with Aman following her lead.

"Anu, have you lost it!! Do you know what are you even blaming him for!!! For cheating on you. Over that girl! Seriously? Do you know what does he think of her?" Arnav chided her.

"His girlfriend." Anjali spat.

"You seriously need a psychiatrist! Akash, check if we get one here itself. Because she needs to see a doctor asap." He glared at her, deadly.

"Oh shut up Chotte. You just wanna protect that girl because she has made a way into your heart..." Arnav looked at her in shock.

"Ahaa, Don't be shocked!! I know everything. That whore has been whoring around and now is trapping you and guess what you fell into her trap. I dispise her from the start. I knew she was a bad call from the start." And before she could continue, a slap was resounded in the room.

"Anu, I never knew you had such thoughts about a women, such hatred filled within you. I am not supporting that women but you don't have a right to accuse her and bad-mouth her... I have never taught you with such morals. But I guess it's your father's blood that speaks from within you." Ratna showed her anger.

"Maa.." Anjali whispered in tears, holding her cheek.

"Ma, I guess we should let Chotte rest now." Ratna suggested and all of them left him to rest.

"Aman?" Arnav called when he saw Aman leaving.

"Yes? Do you need anything?"

"Come here?"Aman went near him and sat on the chair besides.

"I am sorry." Arnav held his hand.

"No Arnav. Why are you sorry?"

"Because I shouldn't have been a coward. I should have just confessed my feelings to her and everything that happened, wouldn't have happened." Aman kept quiet at that, not having anything to say.

"But Aman, please don't give up on her. You know how she is-"

"I know Arnav. I very well know. I love her and will do till my last breath but she do not love me back. And I cannot force her to stay with me. I cannot force her to love me back, to trust me back."

"No Aman. She loves you. She do, it's just her insecurity speaking. She feels she would have same future as of her mother-"

"No. No Arnav. What should I do to make her feel secure. How do I tell her that I will never betray her! Tell me? What do I do? I have given her my everything." He laughed. "Although I had nothing but still I had given her everything. And now after our divorce, I am naming my all the assets on her name keeping nothing with me at all. Kyuki joh mei chahta hu voh hi mere saath khush nhi hai." He bowed his head, refraining himself to cry. (Because what I wanted isn't happy with me.)

___________

I know this wasn't much of a chapter that you wanted. But.. but.. but an Arshi moment 😏 waits ahead in next chapter.

Try guessing what it could be? And what it would be? The one to guess it correct will be mentioned in the next chapter.

Untill then, stay safe. Respect womens and try helping the one in need.