Chapter 1 - Strong, Gentle

Ren

"Ren-chan!" A girl with blue, crystal-like eyes with dyed blonde hair tied by red ribbons, charged towards me.

Her name was Misaki Hayashi. Her father was a well-known author and her mother was a manager in a publishing company. She was shorter than most of the freshman and was known to be the school's little sister.

"We're in the same class again again!" She announced with a huge smile plastered on her face.

Misaki is well-known for her cuteness and height. We had been friends since junior high and had always been popular. I, on the other hand, did not care about looks and focused on my studies.

"Oh, look it's Sosuke-kun!" She points out as I place my bag down on the desk. Sosuke Fugimoto was popular for his looks and cold personality. He was ranked number one for most wanted boyfriend in the last school festival.

Everyone gazed out the window into the hall just for a glimpse of Sosuke. Most of them were girls however some guys poked their heads out, as they admired him and thought of him as a "senpai".

Most girls were unable to confess to him due to a group called the Triple A. They consisted of girls who were rumoured to have colossal strength that could take down ten gorillas in one go. They are like his anti-women spray, only that they were also having a go at him themselves.

Nevertheless, Misaki had always fantasised about wanting him as a boyfriend. She described him as perfect for her but I had no interest in what she thought of him only by the fact that she was infatuated with him.

Misaki dashed to my side and whispered into my ear.

"Sosuke-kun is in our class!" She squealed in excitement, a sparkle on her eyes lit up, just by saying his name. All the girls in our class huddled around him as he sat down in the front row right next to the door.

"Class! Get to your seat!" Miss Akiyama shouted. She was a strict, middle-aged women who had streaks of white hair tied in a bun. Her hawk eyes scanning the room, examining everyone's faces. Everyone scrambled to their seat as she commenced the class.

[Lunch]

"Misaki, what are you doing?" I asked, as she fiddled with a letter which was beginning to crumple. She then hid the letter behind her, a blush forming profusely on her face.

"Ren-chan! Well..uh..could we talk outside?" She suggested.

We walked outside. Her hands were shaking and her eyes darting around the school. While we sauntered our way out, I took a peak at the letter but couldn't quite figure out what it was about.

"You see, Ren-chan..." She swallowed hard, "I really like Sosuke-kun and I want to give him this letter!"

"Go for it," I encouraged, "Ah, but make sure you put that letter in his locker. I don't want you getting involved with... you know. Bad things."

She then smiled but her hands did not stop shaking.

"Whatever he says, you've always got my back," I assure her, "Because no matter what, we'll always be friends."

[After school: Front Gate]

Misaki was late. She should've given it to him ages ago. Maybe she couldn't find him? Or maybe she was scared to tell him?

I watched Sosuke exit the lock bay, minding his own business. Where was Misaki? I jogged over to him, meeting his eyes.

"Where is Misaki?" I spoke, as he passed me. All he did was glance at me with a face that only spoke boredom.

"I don't know, she confessed to me, I assumed she went home." He informed me, I gritted my teeth.

"Did you see her leave the school grounds?" I interrogated him. How could he have just left her alone like that?

Misaki was my first real friend, her smile seemed to light up the room and the sparkle in her eye made your heart burst into happiness. For all I knew, she could be crying by herself...

"No, but I remember her walking to the baseball grounds." He informed me and continued to stare at me, as I remembered some girls talking from a couple of days ago. It had slipped my mind completely until just then.

"I don't dare to confess, if you do, it's rumoured that Triple A will make sure you won't see Sosuke-kun ever again!"

I felt this twisted, hot feeling in my chest. If they lay a hand on Misaki... They'll wish they were in dead.

[Baseball ground: sidelines]

Misaki:

"I heard that you confessed to Sosuke." Akira mentioned, she was the leader of Triple A. She laced her fingers into my hair and yanked it upwards.

"Stop, please!" I cried for help, starting to tear up.

"Say that you will never get near Sosuke-kun ever again!" Ayame demanded. I shook my head which resulted in a slap to my left cheek. Ayaka kicked me as Akira started to pull me up by my hair again.

"Please, stop it!" I begged, my tears started to roll down my cheek.

"Say that you will never mess with Sosuke again!" Ayaka ordered, I shook my head again and she forced her shoe into my face.

"You—"I began to say, but before I could continued, I saw a shadow that loomed above me in my peripheral view. Who was that?

Ren:

"What are you doing to Misaki?" I asked, seeing Misaki was beaten up. I guess she didn't put up much of a fight.

"Who's that?" The brown hair girl asked the taller one. She gave the I-don't-know gesture as she smiled.

"Trying to be a hero are we?" They said, swinging their fists at me. It'd been a long time since I fought in an actual fight. I simply dodged all their attacks and in a few punches they were all down - two of them were unconscious. The brunette looked at me.

"W-who are you?" She asked, injured. I took Misaki, who was asleep from crying so much, onto my back. I glanced at her.

"You don't deserve to speak." I spat before walking away. I then gently put Misaki on my back and lifted her.

"Ren-chan, you fought again didn't you?" Misaki weakly muttered as she opened her eyes. I nodded as she smiled.

"You're like a real wrestler, Ren." She smiled.

----------

Update:
Next Wednesday

Sosuke POV >>>>>

Note: I hope you liked the first chapter, I am really looking forward to this new book. This will be updated slowly. ^^ see you in the next chapter!~