3-Holy mother of god.

So I was sitting in my car with a banging headache, courtesy of my medicine abuse.
There was a long line in the parking lot. People were moving at the speed of a sloth and it didn't help the guy behind me kept honking his fricking horn. I was about to get out and give him a piece of my mind when Diya came running to me from the front.

"Good morning blondie" Diya had started calling me blondie the moment she saw it irritated me.

"Good morning, my foot" I mumbled under my breath.

She noticed my scowl, "What's up with you so early in the morning?"

"oh god don't say you are still upset about those highlights" she exclaimed being a bit dramatic. "They are not even that visible now" she ruffled my already disheveled hairs. I hadn't had time to comb after showering.

The line started moving. She got in the passenger seat.

I did not explain my grumpy mood and good thing she let it go.

"So I wanted to ask you, can you pick me up after school today?" she asked

She didn't own a car, as she couldn't drive.

"what's today," I asked trying to remember.

She looked at me with a smirk, "I knew you would forget" she laughed. "Vi is taking us out to show us her favorite mall"

Ohh yeah that had totally slipped my mind, "we are meeting at my place, right?"

"Bitch seriously one of these days Violet is gonna kill you," she said in an amused tone.

"Yeah, she is," I said. "She did not like it when I went straight home yesterday."
I got a really angry text saying that three of us were supposed to leave together to get coffee first. I had forgotten about that as well.

I was well ahead of my homework, even the once that were due next week. I had practiced my calculus chapter last night in order to distract myself. Hadn't worked. But at least now I would know what Ms. Warner was going on about.

Really, to tell the truth, first-period calculus meant the whole day goes down the drain.

I was walking towards my locker thinking about a nice argument to get my first period exchanged with any other when a flyer caught my attention. It was the swim team school poster. The competition date for the swim team captain. Well, I knew what I was doing after school tomorrow.

I went to the coach after the last bell that day.

She was a middle-aged lady with wide eyes. I asked if new positions in the team were open.

"Have you ever been on a swimming team before or are you here to pass time?" she asked me directly.

Damn, I thought "yes and no mam.
I was on the team in my last school"

She checked me out up and down. She must have liked what she saw cause she nodded her head in approval.

"Hmm you do have the right height for swimming," she concluded after a while.

Her checking me out was making me a bit uncomfortable now.

"what's your ape index?" she asked me after a moment.

"1.5 inches," I said without missing a beat.

She looked at something on her clipboard and then "Get in the pool and do 5 lapses"

"now!!" I exclaimed partly horrified. I didn't even have a swimsuit with me.

"Is that a problem?" she asked her tone challenging me.

Well, I went into the changing area and stripped down to my undergarments.
This is going to be interesting I thought as I went back out.

"Well, tomorrow I expect you to bring a swimsuit and get your 4th period free from the office, give them this slip." She said the moment I got out of the pool.

"Tomorrow be there for captain trials and don't ever think of being late"

"I am in!" was all I exclaimed.

She smiled mischievously as if about to pull a prank or really creepily happy about something. And gestured for me to leave.

My clothes were drenched cause I wore them when I was still wet, yeah I did not have a towel and I probably looked like a wet cat, my sneakers were in my hand and my bag on my shoulder. There were not many people left but anyone I walked by gave me strange looks.

Except for Diya and Vi, I did not really know anyone and it was not a surprise. After the accident, I had mostly kept to myself but Violet had practically forced her friendship on me, well I guess it was forced on Diya as well. I laughed out loud at the thought and received more weird looks.

Hey I was happy to have made it on the team. So my spirits were high.

I went into the office and straight to the desk. And gave the slip to the man on the desk.

He looked me up and down but held back whatever he was about to say. While signing it he muttered something about weird kids and went to get some files.

"So your fourth period was bio, but now you will be swimming so we can cancel your gym and replace it with the bio" he was muttering all this speaking more to himself than me that's when I interrupted him.

"Wait can you also exchange my bio with calculus" I spoke and he looked up. It looked like he wanted to protest but then thought it wasn't worth it. This guy was so done with his desk job.

I couldn't believe my luck. First I got into the swim team, the second I got out of the gym, and third no calculus at 8 o clock... Yayy!!

Suddenly I heard a snicker behind me. I turned to glare at whoever it was I mean I know I looked ridiculous but that doesn't mea... Holy mother of god.

 Holy mother of god

Hihi. Can you guess who that might be?

Comment. Share. Follow. Vote.

Byee