Chapter Twenty Nine

Talia

AS I ROUSE from my slumber, I burrowed myself into the warm, soft sheets. I rubbed the remainders of sleep from my eyes and gazed out at the horizon; its vivid light extended across a rosy sky. As I pushed my body up, checking my surroundings, I had realised that I was no longer seated in that lavish helicopter, with Kyros' long arms wrapped around my body. 

I was back in my room.

In the West.

Grinning sheepishly, I pushed the white sheets off, stepping my feet back onto the cold tiles. I yawned, exhausted, feeling an extreme amount of jet lag creep up on me. 

I craned my neck to take a peek at my digital clock: 9.30 a.m.

I frowned, knowing I had missed breakfast with Kyros.

Pulling out a fresh pair of clothes from the closet, I laid it on the bed for me to wear once I got out of the shower. I grabbed a towel and entered the shower to freshen up. That stay with the Lycans had been way past overdue; making my body reek in my own sweat, tears, and dirt.

I stepped into the shower, toes flinching as they touched the chilled ceramic floor. My mind was in shreds; the feeling of relief clouding my mind. I turned the dial, shiny and metallic, releasing thousands of lukewarm drops, darkening my hair and trickled down my back. Closing my eyelids, I let myself drown in the warmth of the water.

I bathed my skin lightly, taking careful notice not to touch the bruises that scattered my body. I winced when the loofah scratched my shoulder a little harder than I anticipated. I rubbed my wrists, gently, realising the scars from the silver cuffs had begun to fade.

Turning the dial, the water retrieved slowly, the drops dissipating.

Wrapping a towel around my wet, slightly pruned body, I made my way out of the bathroom.

Just as I had been making my way to the bed to grab my fresh clothes, I paused in my tracks, sensing a figure lurking behind me.

I turned around quickly, gripping my towel tighter. I sighed when I realised it was just Kyros and not some evil creature out to get me and my powers again. Then my eyes widened in realisation. 

Kyros

In my room. 

I was naked.

I wrapped my towell around myself tighter. I gulped inaudibly, eyeing his form. He had grey sweatpants on, his large bulge prominent through the thick material, a black v-neck t-shirt that hugged his biceps like glue. His grey, smoky eyes were dark with lust; as his eyes analyzed me. 

I cleared my throat, "Is something wrong?"

He took long, slow strides towards me, nodding.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What is it?"

He stopped exactly three inches away from me. I know this because I could feel his heart beat combining with both of mine. One in my chest... and well, one in that area. 

"Did you eat yet?"

His hand rose to my face, brushing a wet piece of hair behind my ear. I blushed profusely as he did so. I gaped openly as I observed his sharp jaw, chin, and cheekbones. On either side of his straight nose were two blazing grey eyes. Spiked, warm blue fringed with smooth green. His dark brows were actually graceful, but currently furrowed in a frown.

I shook my head, "I just woke up."

"Are you okay?" He asked, pulling his hands away from my face.

I smiled. If I knew I'd get this much attention from him, I would've gotten myself kidnapped a long time ago.