𝔦𝔦. painkiller

Maiara stifled a yawn, as she rubbed her eyes in attempts of ridding of any remnants of sleep that still clung onto her

    Maiara stifled a yawn, as she rubbed her eyes in attempts of ridding of any remnants of sleep that still clung onto her. She blearily spread jam onto her toast, as she tightly held onto her steaming mug of tea in her hands, trying to warm herself. She had gotten less sleep than desired the night before, as she had suffered from an upset stomach, having overindulged at Honeydukes the prior day. After her return to the Common Room, she had seated herself in front of the fireplace, delving into a conversation with Remus Lupin, before she felt her stomach grumble and twist unpleasantly. Kindly, Remus has offered his help to Maiara, as he soothed her by rubbing soft circles on her back. The witch insisted she didn't need a trip to the Hospital Wing, so Remus settled on waiting for one of her roommates to arrive in the Common Room to take her up to bed.

    "Are you alright, Maia?" Remus asked softly, as he took seat at the Gryffindor Table. The Great Hall had yet to fill up, as many students preferred to lay in bed on Sundays — Maiara was one of those many students, but her stomach hadn't let her rest at all. Remus pulled out a bar of chocolate and moved to offer some to Maiara, before he quickly retreated, having remembered the cause of Maiara's bellyache. Opting to pour the both of them a second cup of tea instead, Remus rested his head in the palm of his hand, as he curiously observed his friend.

    Unable to contain a smile at Remus' multiple acts of kindness, Maiara assured him that she was feeling much better, to which he nodded slowly and unconvinced. Marlene, who had just joined the two early Gryffindors, furrowed her eyebrows and curled her lips into a frown. Unlike Remus, the blonde witch had always been one to speak her mind, no matter the consequences, and she spared nobody including her best friend.

   "My, oh, Mai! You look like you're about to vomit all over the table." Marlene quipped, her mouth partially stuffed with a scone. Her freckles covered the entirety of her face, but especially dusted her button nose which she'd scrunched up in the midst of her eating. Her crystalline eyes all but twinkled in the early morning's sun, almost entirely reflecting the light upon anyone who was lucky enough to gaze into them. Marlene was never one to worry herself over her appearance too much, but Maiara deemed her behaviour as truly righteous, given the natural and alluring beauty her best friend possessed.  "Quite the look, if I am being honest. If you were going for the Inferius, reanimated corpse "

    "I got the picture," Maiara groaned, as she dropped her head onto the empty plate that sat before her, only to find it resting on the palm of her blonde friend's hand.

When Maiara had first met Marlene in their first year, it took them time to fall into comfort and familiarity. To be frank, Maiara had made Marlene to be quite the stinker. The blonde was the spitting image of the girl that would have Professor McGonagall fall unconscious as soon as she opened her mouth, because Merlin knows flying colours and insults were the only thing that could ever grace the witch's tongue. Marlene was a witty girl, quite intelligent and quick on her feet, always having the last word, no matter how minuscule the matter in question could be. But most admirably, Marlene gave no damns about people's opinions about her, and truly lived her life to its fullest. Despite her careless and free spirit, Marlene definitely did not fall short in her other qualities, as she poised herself with the uttermost grace and talent in everything she did. So, eventually, as the two witches edged the age of twelve and the first big blizzard in their time at Hogwarts struck the grounds, Marlene and Maiara were found by there roommates entangled under the covers of Maiara's bed. And as two peas in a pod, the pair became inseparable (Hogwart's infamous M&M duo, arguably more adored than the Muggle treat Lily Evans had given them on their third friendship anniversary). Even Minerva McGonagall had grown to endure the young blonde's continuous spluttering and vile vocabulary, as she had began to see the light and goodness in Marlene, past her facade and harsh comments.