28. I Hate Waiting

The day was coming to an end, Taehyung had finished speaking at his conference and was finalising some work he had to send over to a couple of other companies before leaving

The day was coming to an end, Taehyung had finished speaking at his conference and was finalising some work he had to send over to a couple of other companies before leaving. Jiah was proofreading some employee contracts that were being made to suit some changes that Taehyung wanted to make.

Taehyung had been spending the day thinking way too much. Although he was so sure about his feelings for Jiah, he wasn't half as sure if it was a good idea to act on them. He had the most uneasy feeling boil up in the pit of his stomach, and he didn't know what to attribute it to.

He had accepted the fact that he wouldn't fall in love like other people, he had never fallen in love before and had accepted the fact that because of the lifestyle he had adopted early on, he wasn't going to fall in love in the most conventional way. Which was why even though he knew almost nothing about her, his heart wanted her so much... and for some reason he trusted that.

Jiah was sitting at her desk, tapping her foot against the ground constantly, not knowing what to feel. She couldn't do this. It was the first time she had thoroughly even considered the other person's feelings when acting, and right now, she kept telling herself she couldn't do this to him. After being his secretary for some time now, she almost knew him too well.

He was hard-working, once he set his mind on a specific plan for the company, he wouldn't even close his eyes until he saw it through.

He was kind, he wouldn't let his employees stay back overtime in case they got too stressed or overworked, and there were countless occasions where he made Jiah go home because he was planning on staying there for too long. While he seemed cold because of his excruciatingly charismatic presence, his intentions were always kind.

She didn't know what the right thing to do was.

On any other day, for any other person, she would have just walked away, cut off all contact. But she couldn't bring herself to do that to him.

He didn't deserve that.

But what did he deserve?

She dropped her eyes to her hands, seeing the remains of small cuts here and there, traces of years and years of fighting. The scars were impossible to hide and hard to explain.

She couldn't do that to him. She couldn't allow him to be involved with her in any way.

However, her heart wanted something so different.

Her telephone rang, and she looked up into Taehyung's office, the glass windows were set to transparent so she could see him waving at her to come inside.

Standing up, she heaved a deep breath and opened the door, walking in.

"Yes, sir?"

He tilted his head a little, a smile playing on his lips. "You can call me Taehyung, you know, I never really liked it when my secretaries call me that."