19

19

Maggie was talking to a doctor. She had never been this happy before. Your big sister was getting an ultrasound. She was going to be able to see her baby, and find out if it was a son or a daughter. She only wished that Ephraim had been there with her......

The doctors watched over the screen in silent awe. They didn't say a word to Maggie, simply muttered among themselves. Soon, she grew worried.

"Doctor?" She asked hesitantly. "Is my baby alright?" The nurse turned around, hand over her mouth in shock as the doctor took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ms. LN," he said softly. "You reported to police that this child is the product of incest, correct?" She nodded quickly, not understanding what that had to do with anything.

"W-why? Dad forced us to do horrible things to each other. It wasn't our fault. I didn't... I mean....  I couldn't-"

"Miss please," the nurse hushed her.

"Margaret, I regret to inform you, but..... due to the fact that your child is the product of incest..... it's horribly, dangerously deformed...."

A tear rolled down Maggie's cheek as she stared at the doctor.

"How.... how dare you say that about my baby...." her voice was breaking. She knew what was going to happen.

"Ma'am you don't understand. At first glance, the child looks horribly disfigured to the point that it could be dangerous for you to have the baby. The best option at this point is to abort-"

Maggie slapped the doctor. A nurse gasped as Maggie sobbed.

"Don't you dare say that."

"Margaret you don't understand," the doctor insisted calmly, gently rubbing his redeeming cheek. "Giving birth to this child will most likely kill both you and your baby. You have to abort it unless you want to put both of your lives at risk."

Maggie teared up even more, trying to figure out what to do. She glanced out the window and up to the cloudy sky above as she muttered to herself:

"Help me, Ephie...."

Meanwhile, you and Atan had, regrettably, been found by the police. Now a large caravan of cop cars was following close behind you, sirens loudly shrieking and lights blazing brightly.

"Atan...." You sighed. He had one hand tightly on the wheel, the other tightly grasping yours.

"Stay calm," he grunted. Stress radiated off of him like light for the sun. You were watching the cops behind you, and Atan was driving away from the small town. You had made it to what appeared to be a large, rushing river. The signs were telling Atan to do a sharp turn. It was about a hundred feet up ahead.

Atan looked you in the eyes, a desperate plea crying from them.

"YN," he said. "I love you."

"I love you too," you said without hesitation.

Hands tightly together, you and Atan looked forward as the truck was barreling down the road straight for the river, cops right on your tail.

You closed your eyes, gripped Atan's hand a little tighter, and-

THE END