Chapter 7

He was in trouble.

That was the first thought that crossed Ethan's mind as he took in the splendid form of the naked woman glaring up at him with hazel eyes sparkling in righteous indignation. He could feel his body harden in immediate response as his gaze slowly traveled over pale flawless curves, the delicate arch of her throat, lingering over small but well-rounded breasts topped by twin dusky rose aureoles.

Even as he looked, they tightened and hardened into tiny pebbles that made his mouth water with the need to take them in his mouth and suck, taste her, inhale her scent, drown himself within her till he found bliss and sweet relief. Ethan swallowed the lump forming in his throat and forced his gaze to move south, down to where her tiny hands ineffectively tried to cover her most intimate spot from his view, the tension in the room so palpable with lust he could almost taste it.

God! How had he never noticed just how beautiful Erin was? Ethan wondered, his body pulsing with the need to sweep her up in his arms, carry her through the open door of her bedroom, lay her on the bed and make sweet love to her over and over again till they forgot how to breathe.

"C-can I have my towel back?" Erin's voice penetrated through the haze of his thoughts and he forced himself back under control. She sounded breathless, as though every breath was an effort.

Ethan's fingers tightened over the edge of the soft white towel and he forced himself to take deep breaths. Losing control here was not an acceptable option, he would not allow himself to show Erin how affected he was or she would not let him live it down.

"I was mistaken earlier." He allowed his lips to curve in what he hoped was an amused smile. Ethan drawled, hoping to hell nothing in the tone of his voice gave away the lust raging through him at the moment. He held the towel in such a way that it blocked the evidence of his desire from her view.

Erin looked confused, the delicate arch of her brows coming together as she looked at him askance. "Mistaken about what?"

"The view. This is even much better."

She blushed then, a charming shade of pink that spread across her cheeks and down to stop just at the swell of her breasts. Her breath caught and she instinctively took a step back as though pulled by an invisible force.

Ethan stifled a groan as the raging lust intensified. Damn it! He swore to himself in exasperation. He should just leave now before he lost control and did the unthinkable. Erin Gosling is forbidden territory, He reminded himself. She was the enemy, and he could not allow himself to be drawn into her web or his plan would fall apart.

"Ethan.." Erin began, running her tongue over dry lips to moisten them. "You should leave now, this joke has gone far enough."

He should leave indeed, he acknowledged silently, but damned if his feet had not developed a mind of their own and remained rooted to the spot. Then he moved, walking with slow deliberate steps towards her, pleased to see her eyes widen in panic as she backed away with every step he took.

"Why should I leave?" Ethan taunted, mouth curved in a mocking smile. "Are you afraid of what might happen if I don't?"

Something resembling panic flashed through her eyes but was gone in an instant. Instead, she straightened her shoulders- an almost impossible feat given that her hands were still crossed over her crotch- and leveled a challenging look in his direction. "Don't flatter yourself. I am not in the least bit worried."

**

The minute the challenge was out of her mouth, Erin wished she could recall those words. Ethan's grin turned almost feral and a glint appeared in those blue eyes as he took another step further. Ah crap! She groaned to herself, adrenaline shooting through her body, creating mixed feelings within her. A part of her screamed to turn tail and flee to the safety of her bedroom, while another part- the traitorous part of her wanted so much to stay and allow herself a taste of what was surely to come if she continued to taunt him.