Chapter Eleven - With Dangerous Intentions

This chapter is for everyone who's read, liked, or commented on this story :) thank you all for your amazing support and inspiration (Awesome cover made by Khadi1.) so with out any further ado... (Don't know how to spell that... Lol.) here's the next part!

Chapter Eleven - With Dangerous Intentions
POV - Chantelle

I followed his instructions, gripping the anklet in my hands as I watched the scene in front of me unfold.
The wind whistled loudly past my ears and the thunder seemed to harmonize with it; taunting the actions to come with its tone.

Watching in shock as the dark monster flung its arm toward Owen, I held my breath. The claws on that thing were huge and glinted off the thunder that bolted forth from the gathering clouds. Those knife-like talons would have scathed Owen if he hadn't have had the fastest reflexes I'd ever seen.

I screamed as it tried to incise him again and again with its eyes narrowing farther each time it missed. Every action that happened after was tumultuary. If this was a dream, like I'd begun to tell myself, I don't think I'd have a large enough imagination to come up with everything that I was witnessing.

The resolved attempts made by the creature obviously weren't how he intended to leave things. It dropped to all fours and began walking towards Owen, taking a different approach this time since the others had all failed. It growled and tore at the ground, as if readying to charge.

I froze when I saw a large cat come from behind the creature. It looked ... Almost angry ... at the dark figure; narrowing its bright golden eyes from behind. Then started stalking the creature quietly, as if it was his prey. The large feline then hurdled forward, moving so quickly it looked to be only a shadow of a blur.

The moment the black cat had jumped, Owen had made his move on the other side of the beast simultaneously. Pulling out a sword from thin air, and moving just as fast. Both Owen and the feline scraped and clawed at the creature, who made a shrieking call at each cut given to him. Then, gradually, it began to shrink until the inky 'goo' (for lack of a better word.) upon its skin dried and turned to a crispy/flaky substance, falling to the wet ground.

I brought my knees towards my chest and hugged them to myself as I witnessed everything with breath drawn back. The moment the creature fell to the ground its body pressed as close to the ground as it could get. I would do the same if there was a large predator in my face, looking like it were about to eat me...

I pressed my face near my bawled-up hands and squinted my eyes closed, just as Owen came to stand next to the terrified thing with his sword raised high.

When I heard its agonized pleading suddenly cut short I gasped; becoming light-headed with the lack of oxygen I was receiving from this force field thing around me.

Owen swiftly recovers from putting the ugly creature to death, as if he'd put things down like that a billion times before. Coming back over to me he sheathed the blade in one swift movement. kneeling down on his knees in front of me, his hand reached through the invisible barrier and held my still quivering hands. My body relaxed as I breathed in the new air, giving Owen back his anklet.
"Princess." He greeted kindly, his voice breathless. "Thank you for waiting and having to witness such things against your will, but like I said: you wont be out of my sight now that I've found you again."

He managed a small smile, securing the piece of jewelry around his ankle and then standing with his hand in mine. I leaned my back against the fence once fully standing and sighed slightly. Looking up at him I smiled back and then closing my eyes I enjoyed the cold air. The harsh rain had stopped a while ago, replaced by tiny drops that still continuously fell. When I reopened them a minuet later and noticed him staring at me I blushed because I'd let down my guard. Something moved then, in my peripheral vision, behind Owen.
"Watch out!" I shout, pointing quickly behind him.