Calum leaving for tour would include

Summary: Calum leaving for tour would include (Words: 1.1k)
--

1. For the first few days after the tour was announced, he felt a little awkward around you since you were a little gloomy yourself. It was his first tour since you got together, so you were unsure of what to expect.
2. So, one night he was staying over and he was tired of all this, so you sat down and talked. Tour was months away and it was no good for neither of you to be sad over something so far in the future.
3. As the tour approached, he started spending more time with you; if he wasn't on practice, he was with you, trying to make up for the time you would be apart. It gave you a sense of guarantee for the state of your relationship while he would be gone.
4. He offered to pay for your tickets so you could visit him, and of course, suggested you traveled every weekend to wherever he would be. Which only made you giggle and think it is way too cute. So you both settled for monthly visits and booked the dates, giving something to both of you to look forward to.
5. Unbeknown to you, Calum has been taking short videos of you doing everyday stuff, like getting ready in the morning, or dancing while cooking, or humming to songs on the radio. He kept them for his viewing pleasure whenever he missed you on tour or he missed doing little things with you, watching you move through the day.

6. Before he left he got you a bottle of his cologne, so you could spray it around your room and on your clothes and bedsheets and smell him around you to feel less lonely.
7. For the last month before he left, you stayed at his place, soaking each other in. He held you in his arms while you slept, made sure he memorized all of you before going away. And you felt really loved, even though he hadn't told you yet about his love for you, you could feel it as he wrapped his arms around you or as he looked at you with a smile pulling at the corners of his lips.
8. You felt his nervousness as time passed; from the beginning of your relationship, Calum explained to you that he always struggled with his relationships while touring and that he was used to it. But he really didn't want to screw you over, so he got jittery and worried about how you two would be once he was on the road.
9. You did everything within your power to assure him that you would be fine, that you would be waiting for him to get back and everything would be as it was before leaving. And he believed you as you hugged him and stroked his face softly.
10. Since Duke was used to you, you both decided that he could stay with you. You joked that the only good thing that would be coming out of this tour for you was that you'd get to keep the baby grandpa, and Calum laughed along, telling the pup to watch out for any guys hitting on you while he is gone.

11. The last week before leaving, he took you out almost every night. You went on little dates, small, hidden bars, and restaurants. He wanted to leave knowing you would be having great memories of your last days together.
12. Usually, sex with Calum was kind of rough and loud, but the week before he left it was filled with soft, slow, mellow sex. He touched every inch of you, looked into your eyes as he moved inside you, kissed you softly.
13. He made you promise that you would be FaceTiming him every night before going to be and talk about your days every chance you'd get.
14. He got more and more cheesy every day, until the last night he would be home, when he woke you up in the middle of the night, told you to get dressed. He had nearly 5 hours until he would have to wake up and start getting ready for departure and he wanted to take you somewhere special.
15. You two drove up a hill with a stunning view of the city. It was dark and quiet and you joked about how the whole setting reminded you of the beginning of many horror movies. He laughed and shook his head but wrapped his arms around your waist, kissed your temple, and took in the scenery.

16. There was silence for a while, just you two hugging and staring at the city. Until he opened his mouth.
"It is hard for me... I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. For me, this is the hardest goodbye. Because I have been given a taste of this type of happiness after so long and I don't know how I am supposed to let go, even if it is for a few weeks."
17. You were starstruck for a moment, trying to find the words to tell him but the only thing coming out of your mouth was "I love you". It was your first time telling him, so you held your breath while you waited; you knew Calum's infamous 'I don't believe in love' crap, but simply, you didn't care, you knew you felt it. And then he opened up his mouth and dropped an "I love you too" which made your stomach erupt in butterflies.
18. The next morning you got up at the same time as he did. You had breakfast together, with Calum pulling you on his lap and whispering again and again how much he loves you.
19. He got dressed while you did your morning routine so you could drive him to the airport and spend a little more time in the car with him. Before leaving the house, you slipped a little gift box in his carry-on. Or at least, you tried to. Calum caught you red-handed and you had to give it to him officially. Inside the box, he found a chain bracelet, with his initials engraved on the fasten of it.
"I just wanted to get you something to remember me by whenever you look at it."
"It is really lovely, my love. I'll wear it all the time."
20. Hugging you tightly before he has to go through airport security, planting a kiss on your lips, and stroking your hair. They practically had to pull him away from you, but you find it too cute. You reminded him that you loved him, even though you have told each other a million times that day, and that you were proud of him for doing something he is greatly passionate about. Which gave him some relief, upon seeing how supportive you were and how well you were handling it.