9

Lukes POV

My father grunts his approval.

"Good to see you're not fucking a guy. Just don't get her pregnant." He turns away and leaves us.

"He seems nice." Audrey grumbles sarcastically.

"Yeah, he's a real charmer." I roll my eyes. "Anyway, do you want anything to eat? Our kitchen is, like, overflowing."

"No, I'm good. What did you want to talk about?" She looks around my house, eyeing the door my father went through.

"We'll have to go to my room to talk about it. I don't want to risk anyone hearing us." I start walking towards the steps and hear her start following behind. I smile to myself, remembering how she looked when she first saw the house, how her eyes lit up at the scene of flowers I'd put out there. I imagine Ashton making the same expression and blush.

"So, this is the bad boy Luke's house. Crazy how feminine it looks." Audrey laughs next to me and I bump my shoulder against hers.

"Don't try to insult my decorating skills, I think they're wonderful." I chuckle and run my hand through my hair. "Besides, dad already doesn't like it. I don't need two people hating on it."

"No, really though, I really like it. Everything looks really natural. It looks great." I turn to look at her and she smiles up at me. I say nothing and we continue to my room in silence.

I lead the way and she follows until we reach a sky blue door at the end of the hall on the second floor.

"This your room?" I nod and she lets herself in and I follow close behind. "It smells amazing in here, oh my God. What do you use? It smells like a sexy beast."

"Thats probably just my candles," I laugh and sit on my bed, crossing my legs. "Come sit, it feels awkward having you stand up while I'm relaxing."

"Okay, whatever." She sits across from me and lays back. "Your bed is so comfortable, can I just sleep here?"

She laughs but I just shrug.

"If you wanted to stay over some time I wouldn't really mind all that much." I shrug again and she looks at me bewildered. "I mean, I might as well get to know you, since you're Ashton's friend and all."

"Really? That's crazy man, maybe when we're better friends I'd stay over, but I was joking just now." She laughs and I laugh and shrug. "What is it about you and your shrugging?"

"Oh I don't know, just a habit I got." I shrug again and wince. "It's pretty bad."

"No it's not that. Its just that, well, Ashton does that a lot too. You two can be shrug buddies."

We continue small talk and simple chatter but then I put a stop to it with a long breath.

"Okay, I needed to tell you something." I say flatly.

"Yeah?" She leans forward and watches me intently.

"Okay, so, you know how I'm, like, gay?"

"Yeah, and?"

"But I kissed that girl this morning." I flinch when I say that and I see that all her ferocity is back from earlier.

"Yeah, what was that about anyway? That was just wrong, okay? You and Ashton spend the night together, then you just make him walk and you just go make out with some basic bitch? Like, who does that?" Audrey crosses her arms and glares at me.

"I don't know, it's just that, I don't want to be gay. I want to change." I squeeze my eyes shut and take a deep breathe. I feel arms close around me and remember how Ashton's arms felt around me. "But, I can't. No matter how hard I try. I just can't."

"Luke. It's okay to be gay. Its okay to be attracted to your same sex. There is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong though is shaming someone for it." I sigh and nod to her words, forcing myself to believe them. "I don't want you to be miserable, I want you to be happy with yourself, and to be honest, I think you being with Ashton actually would help you with that. He embraces his sexuality and, Im pretty sure he'd be glad to help you."

We both laugh at that and I smile.

"I really do like him though. I like hearing his laugh and I love seeing his big smile, showing all his teeth. I love his wonderful hair and the way he walks so confidently even while people still criticize him. I really do like him, Audrey."

"Then tell him." She says, handing me her phone. She typed in his number and its up to me to call him.

I listen to the ringing.