3• Lau Mori, At Your Service

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" "Don't do that! You'll wake up and- ugh- I'm not done yet!" Lau Mori lunged forward, whinny, and Nico dodged her while frowning.

"Not done what? Making me doubt the little sanity I have left!"

Lau Mori stopped, a Cheshire like grin on her lips. "I knew I picked well~"

Nico bristled, tense. "What do you want?"

Lau Mori snorted, giving him a look that screamed "are you serious right now?".

"Uhhh, lemme think. Maybe, considering I'm a demon, to posses you and take over your body and soul." Lau Mori sighed, frustrated.

The lilac haired demon lunged forward again but Nico didn't move this time. He couldn't move. Something was restraining him and making it impossible to move. Well, if the shock hadn't immobilized him already. He didn't even know what was going on anymore.

Lau Mori wasn't smiling anymore as she placed a small hand on his chest, right over his heart. "I don't get it." Her face was dark, angry.

Nico swore this demon was bipolar.

Nico scowled even more– he was not expecting this when Will and him were sent to London. Of course the gods had so conveniently overlooked this small detail. He didn't even understand this detail at all.

He tried to move his arms again, wanting to push off this pest. Nico held back a sudden gasp, his body felt like it was on flames and dipped in icy water at the same time. The fire lapped at him hungrily, scorching its way through the flesh. The ice nawed at his veins, sending spasms of raw, new pain skittering through him.

Nico thought that had been the worst of it. The physical pain and confusion.

Of course, when it came to Nico, no matter how bad, anything could find a way to get worse.

He heard it again. The truths he had burned into his mind long ago. Nico felt pathetic all over again.

"What a freak."

"Ugh, son of Hades."

"Creep."

"Who would want to be friends with him."

"You don't belong anywhere."

"I'm so sorry Nico, but Bianca..."

"It should have been you, not Bianca."

"I have a crush on Percy Jackson."

Nico felt his heart break over and over again. All he could see was black. It hurt, he grimaced, it hurt more than any stab. Nico hated himself. Hated himself so much. He was worthless, he could now remember. How could he have forgotten he wasn't wanted anywhere? That he was the revolting, creepy son of Hades? How could have he had allowed himself to think he had a place in Camp Half-Blood? How stupid...

"See~" Lau Mori was all over now. Her sickly sweet scent, her sinister voice, her frozen hands, her beautifully ugly smile and her cackling auburn eyes. "All that suffering. It should be disgustingly easy to posses you–"

She stopped, frowning.

"Then why is it so hard?"