Chapter 5

Author POV

It's been about 2 weeks since she began being Professor Snape's assistant. The first day it was a bit weird seeing as she didn't know what to do , but they soon got into a good routine.

When she arrived she would help him grade essays and papers, then help him record the marks and help with anything else needed help with. After that if there was time she would ask him about certain things she did not understand or things she was having problems with, he would help but sometimes reluctantly.

She would sometimes go down to the kitchens and get them some coffee and occasionally cake. After the first week she was still a bit afraid of him, but she was glad she had this time to spend with him. Like who gets to spend so much time with their crush and not get interrupted?

As they entered the second week she started learning things about him, little things that you wouldn't notice if you weren't paying attention. Like the way his hair would fall into his face when he is dealing with a complete dunderhead's essay/paper and the tiny smile that made it's way onto his face when a student surprised him.

The way his hands were both big and elegant , his dark eyes were his best feature, they showed so much emotion you would never know were there. There were often times when she stopped working and stretched but was captivated by him.

She helped him up until the last week in November, in that time we got closer and he started being more friendly towards her.

She would sometimes crack jokes and he would have the faintest of smiles on his face. Once she came back from the bathroom to find his head on the desk, she put the coffee down, cast a spell to keep it warm for when he wakes and conjured a blanket to throw over him after that she left a note saying she was going back to the common room and left.

After that he thanked her the next time he saw her and she could have sworn she saw a light dusting of pink on his cheeks. Whether it was the cold , she was still happy.

***

The first Hogsmead visit was on the Saturday in November before the school holidays began. Walking around and going into the shops she decided she would get Professor Snape a gift for Christmas.

She hardly knew what he liked! So she wondered into a stationery store, walking down the aisles a beautiful black and silver quill. She walked over to it and it wasn't too think but also not thick, it was the perfect size. She bought it and embroidered Severus Snape in cursive writing on the side in emerald green.

Walking into the clothing store she was planning on buying myself something but , she saw a black scarf that had dark green streaks on it she thought would go perfect with Snape's usual black outfit.

***

It was an icy Tuesday (in the holidays) 3 days before Christmas, she was at Hogwarts as usual. Wondering around the castle she decided that she needed some fresh air. It wasn't snowing but it was extremely cold, there weren't much people at Hogwarts this time of year. Probably 10 kids from each house and the teachers of course.

Exiting the castle , she ended up on the shores of the lake. It was so peaceful here and I felt so calm , more than she had been in a while. She decided to try and skate on the ice.

Successfully transfiguring her shoes into ice skates she skated for what seemed like hours. The sun was about to set when she stopped and admired the beautiful pink and orange coloured clouds in the sky.

The next thing she knew the ice gives way beneath her and she's submerged in the icy waters. It's so cold she can barely move , focusing hard she grabs her wand and yells 'Ascendio!' She's flung out of the water and onto the lake shore, it's so cold she can't even think. What do I do ? How am I going to get someone to help me?

She quickly think of my happiest memory (insert memory) and say 'expecto patronum' her (your patronus) shoots out of my wand and disappears up to the castle. Suddenly she's unable to keep my eyes open and the darkness consumes her...
___________________________________________