eight

I got up, almost jumping out of bed. Johnny had already been up for half an hour, which was expected because he was walking to school. I grabbed one of my bralettes that could pass as a shirt and a pair of jean shorts, walking to the bathroom. I showered, getting out of the bathroom in 10 minutes. I walked back to my room, packing my backpack and slinging it onto my back.

 I walked back to my room, packing my backpack and slinging it onto my back

I ran down the stairs, stopping at the bar.

'Buck!'

'What kid!?!'

'What time is it!?!'

'Six Forty-Five!'

'Oh.' I stopped yelling, sitting at the bar. I heard sprinting down the stairs and a wide-eyed Dallas.

'What are you yelling about?!?' I grinned, looking into his eyes.

'The time.'

'The- What? You woke me up because of the time?' I could hear Buck chuckle as he walked over, handing me a plate of toast. I took a bite, nodding at Dallas. He walked over to me, stealing a piece of toast.

'Hey!'

'Hey yourself! I was up late.'

'Yeah, tapping on my wall.' He turned red. Buck laughed.

'Has Dallas Winston gotten soft?' Dallas shot him a look, which made him laugh again.

'Buck!'

'What?!?'

'What's the time!?!'

'Five past Seven!' I quickly got up, grabbing my backpack.

'See you guys tonight.' I went outside, sitting on the steps in front of the screen door. I smiled in anticipation as I looked down at my watch. It was ten past seven. I shrugged my shoulders, getting comfortable. Seven-thirty. Seven forty-five. Eight o'clock. Eight-thirty. I sighed, going inside. I looked at Buck sadly as I sat on the barstool.

'What're ya still doing here, kid?'

'Soda didn't pick me up.'

'Oh, kiddo. Maybe he got called into work or something. You wanna call the house?' I nodded as he passed me the phone, it already ringing. The voice on the other line spoke up.

'Hello?'

'Hey, Dar. Is Soda around?' He cleared his throat, staying quiet.

'I think it's best if you come over.' He hung up, leaving me full of worry. What if something had happened? What if someone was hurt? I passed the phone back to Buck, sighing.

'I'll see ya tonight.'

'Sure thing, kiddo.' I got up, walking out the door. I walked to the Curtis house, my stomach rumbling with worry the whole way. I arrived and walked in the door, being met with the whole gang except Johnny, Dally, and Pony crowding around someone. A few of them turned there heads to me, where I was met with a black and blue Sandy. Soda looked at me with eyes full of rage, as well as most of the other boys.