Chapter 10

I win Brat

Levi POV
"Deal" he said, from how his hood was positioned, I could almost see his eyes, but not quite. I wanted to see them again.

I looked at my feet again, then looked up "What did you get anyways?" I asked, he looked kinda flustered but held up a brown paper bag, it had the liquor store logo on it "Didn't think you were the drinking type" I raised my eyebrow and smirked.

He looked down at his feet "It's not for me" he muttered. What does that mean? Tch, whatever.

"Shouldn't you be getting home now, it's getting pretty late and we wouldn't want to worry your parents right?" I kicked a pebble that was on the ground, it bounced off of a sign and then hit a car. Oops

He let out a chuckle "Like he would care, Mikasa is the one that I should be worried about" Mikasa? Who's she? The brat began walking away, I caught up to him quickly.

"Who's Mikasa?" I asked him, he snapped his head towards me

"How do you not know who Mikasa is?" I just shrugged in reply "You've been in her class for the past two years!"

"What does she look like?" I questioned

"Short black hair, grey eyes, muscular, pale, like a tall female version of you basically!" He joked, I just grumbled in reply "Oh, and she always has a red scarf around her neck!"

"Oi, do you mean scarf girl, brat?" I questioned, he sighed and muttered something about being a brat

"Yeah, that's probably the one" he responded

"Why would she be worried?"

"Because she's my sister" he replied sarcastically, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Really? She doesn't look like you, are one of you adopted?" I know this seems like a rude question, but I was curious. Well, curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.

"Yeah, my parents adopted her when she was nine" He started "she's always been overprotective of me, I guess it's because I was the one that found her" Found her? What does that mean? Was she not in an orphanage? Maybe she was in the same situation as I'm in.

"Do you have any other siblings?" I questioned, at this point I was just trying to make conversation so it wouldn't get awkward

"No, just Mikasa, what about you?" He asked me, I didn't really know how to answer, since I've always been with Hanji and Erwin, I considered them my siblings.

"No" I decided to not say that they were my siblings, it's not like he really cares anyways.

"You moved here a couple years ago right?" I nodded in reply "So where did you live before?"

Well, me, Hanji, and Erwin were living on the streets in Stohess, but once they were diagnosed we decided to move here in Trost, so they could have better medical attention. But I wasn't going to tell him that "I moved here from Stohess, were you born here?"

"No, I was born in Shiganshina" he started saying "I moved here about five years ago when I was eleven" Shiganshina sounds familiar... wait... wasn't that where all those murders happened... it was five years ago I think. Is that why he moved?

"Why did you move?" I questioned, I wasn't trying to pry, but I was still curious.

"Just some family issues" The brat muttered while he looked at his feet. He looked back up "why did you move?"

"Medical reasons I guess" I didn't want to give him the full truth, but I didn't want to lie either. I was good at lying, but I've never liked to do it.