[8] Practice

I woke up to my phone's alarm at around 8:15AM after hitting the snooze button five times. I got up quickly to take a shower before I fell back asleep. I showered, and applied light makeup. I dressed causally and grabbed my phone and walked down the stairs. Everyone was scattered around the living room, sleeping quietly.  I shook my head at the huge mess they had left. Red Solo cups littered the ground along with some girls shirts, Twinkie wrappers, beer bottles, and balloons. Niall was sprawled on the long coffee table, his lean body hanging from the edges. Louis was on the couch and two girls lay next to him on either side of him. Harry, Zayn, and Liam laid on top of each other in a dog pile, each of them snoring very loudly. I laughed to myself and stepped over a shirtless girl heading out of the house. I took a deep breath, immediately inhaling the salty air. I looked to my left in the distance and there were already people involved in endless amounts of beach activities.

Once I got down to the gym, I walked into the locker room right at 8:56. Perfect, I smiled to myself and took out my gym bag. As I was about to put my shirt on, someone tapped my shoulder. I looked over at a girl I've never seen before and I smiled at her.

"Sorry to bother you. Just wondering if you had an extra shirt. If not that's fine."

"No problem!" I hand her my extra shirt and she quietly thanks me walking away. She promises to return it after practice.

I pull out my second t-shirt and huff. I had accidentally given her my one of my larger shirts. The one I held in my hand was the small, uncomfortable, tight one that I never wore but had in case of emergencies. I put it on anyways, ignoring how much it enhances my chest and change into my spandex shorts. I strapped my elbow and knee pads on and tied my hair into a high ponytail. I threw my duffle in my locker and filled my water bottle. I was ready for practice right at 9:01 and took my position in the back of the court in the server's position. I usually always serve first and am pretty good at it.

"Hold on ladies, bring it in," our coach yells blowing the whistle. She makes everyone huddle up, all 12 of the girls.

"First thing's first. We need a captain for this year's team. Any takers?" She looked around at the girls.

A couple girls, including me, raised their hands.

"Okay, everyone. Who votes Reyna?" The two girls who wanted to be captain as well put their hands down but everyone else puts theirs high in the air. I blushed and smiled thanking everyone.

"Perfect! Reyna's captain. Meaning when we go to competitions, she replaces me on the court. She's in charge." Everyone nods in agreement and Coach Ryan claps her hands. We break from the huddle and take our places. I walk a couple steps behind me to my water bottle and pick it up from the ground.

Niall's POV

Waking up to a front door slamming closed while you have a hangover, is absolute shit. I groaned a loud, painful groan and lifted my suddenly heavy hand to my forehead. My head was throbbing and my back ached. All parts of me felt 50 pounds heavier. After what felt like ages, I finally sat up successfully. Well no fucking wonder I'm in so much pain I'm on a damn coffee table that's half my size. My back was arched over the dumb ass table the whole night. I stand up slowly and stumble over to the kitchen. I raid the cabinets for some aspirin and whisper as many cuss words as I can think of when I don't find them. I pour myself a glass of water and down it within seconds. After my third cup of water, I stagger up the stairs and into my room. I grab my Ray Bans from the dresser and put my white high top sneakers on. Might as well try and find some beach babes. I walk out and open the door to Reyna and Krysten's room. I look and only see Krysten laying in the bed. I shove at her sleepy body.

"Hmmm?" She questions lazily.

"Where's the girl."

"Volleyball practice on 3rd Street. It's that gym on the corner," she mumbles returning to her slumber.

I roll my eyes at the fact she would give all of Reyna's whereabouts to someone and she didn't even bother looking to see who it is. I climb down the stairs slowly and make my way to the gym. It's too damn sunny outside for my liking but in no time I'm in the gym. I walk to the volleyball court and spot her. She's wearing the smallest t-shirt to ever exist making her rack look seven times bigger and some spandex shorts. I keep watching her and a small layer of sweat makes her chest and face glow. She's pretty damn hot but that doesn't mean jack shit. Doesn't mean I feel anything for her or want anything more. I chuckle to myself at the thought of a girlfriend.

Tying myself down to one girl sounds stupid, pointless and impossible.

She runs up close to the net slapping the ball straight back over to the other side. I believe they call that a spike. Her shirt rides up slightly showing her perfectly flat stomach, and she lands on the floor without a scratch. The girls on the other team try to dive for the ball all at once, but it's coming down too quick and it hits the floor.

I clap my hands together and walk over to her. "Well done." I involuntarily smirk at her.

She jumps slightly turning to me with wide eyes.

"Happy to see me love?"

"How did you know I was here? Who told you?"

"Isn't it obvious? Krysten told me."

"Well... you can leave now," she coldly replies.

"I just got here." I smiled raking my eyes down her body. Before she can retaliate her coach, I assume, came up under the net and calls the girls over to her. They make a circle huddling around each other like a football team would.

"Good work team. We'll meet again soon, I haven't decided when. But it's okay I have everyone's email." She smiled and everyone scattered walking away from the huddle. Reyna glared at me and made her way to the locker room. I chuckled at her attempt to look intimidating. She tried but failed miserably. Her green eyes are always soft. I walked to the door of the locker room, and it took everything in me not to walk right inside. Instead I waited outside for what felt like a fucking year.

"You're still here?" She sighed walking past me towards the exit.

"You better get used to me being around babe. Krysten and Harry are a thing now so I'll be around a lot more." I said.

"All the more chances to show you how much I don't like you." she rolled her eyes crossing the street. I followed her, adjusting my sunglasses. She's so infuriating.

My eyes trailed down her back until I was staring at her ass. "Oh come on, you know you like having me around."

"Nothing close to that."

I watched as her ass jiggled in her jean short shorts. I wish she still had those spandex on. I picked up my pace and walked beside her, instead of behind her because she asked me very politely to stop staring at her butt. Don't ask me how she knew I was staring.

The rest of the walk was awkwardly silent for me. But for her, it seemed enjoyable. Whenever I would look over at her, she'd have a smile on her face as she took in her surroundings. I opened the door to the beach house and walked inside to find everyone eating breakfast.

"Hey!" Liam shouted from the kitchen. My head pounded as he talked.

"I made breakfast," he smiled and flipped a pancake.

"We made breakfast," Zayn chimed in.

Reyna was quick to return Liam's smile and walk over to the kitchen. "It smells great guys."

She's disgustingly kind.

I went upstairs to change into a tank top because I was melting in the fucking Florida weather. When I was on my way down the stairs it hit me. "Hey." I addressed the whole group. "I have an idea."