Tony sighed. "Never-mind. Look, I can't keep you here forever but you're a good kid for an Asgardian. I know you wanted to go home a little while ago but it was me who was keeping you from going back, but if you want to stay for a little while longer, you can. Pepper was telling me about how high schools still do home-coming and –"

Again, Nylah had to cut him off. She had never heard of such a thing.

"Homecoming?" She questioned, her head tilting to the side ever so slightly.

"What do you celebrate on your planet, kid?" Tony laughed breathily before he jolted gently against a chair when they both heard another laugh from behind Tony.

"Homecoming is just an excuse to dress up, feel pretty, dance and have fun with your friends." Pepper smiled as she leaned her shoulder on Nylah's door frame. "Like Tony said, we can't keep you here forever. But I think going to your school's homecoming would be a great way to say goodbye to all the friends that you have made here. Including Peter."

With the way Pepper explained it to her and how it would be more of a goodbye than anything else, she felt a part of her heart break off a little. Goodbyes were something that she was not good at and she wasn't sure if she would enjoy herself as much as Pepper said she would if the whole night would lead up to one final goodbye. She couldn't say goodbye to Peter; he wanted her to stay, and his puppy-dog eyes told her that. How could she leave him when things were starting to improve?

.

The next morning was a little different for her. She knew it was almost time to go home – she could feel it, or at least that was if her instincts were right about the homecoming. If it happened to be later in the year, or maybe in the next Earth year, that meant she could stay longer. It was a strange situation for her to be in; for someone who craved her home so badly, it was surprising that she was prepared to stay for longer if it meant that she could spend more time with a boy. Perhaps he was not just a boy; he was more than that to her. However, she could not work out why a boy that she had only known for a few weeks managed to worm his way into her heart.

Happy had given her ride to school that morning, and ironically, he was not happy. He was not mad, either; he had a gloomy look on him, his eyes almost dull yet full of sadness as the same time. As he parked his car so Nylah was able to step out of it, she could not help but rest her hand gently on his for only a few seconds. Happy was not a man of many words that were not out of anger, bluntness, or frustration; and she figured that he probably was not a man that freely expressed his emotions.

His lips twitched into a smile that lasted for a millisecond before he returned to gloominess. "You better go. You gotta go ask someone to Homecoming, kid."

Nylah tilted her head slightly in confusion. Last night before she had stared at the curtains for a whole night rather than actually sleep, she could clearly remember Pepper stating that Peter would ask her to the homecoming. So, why was Happy telling her different?

"I am not a child, Happy, but I will consider to take your advice." Nylah smiled at him as she took her hand of his own.

"You are a child, Nylah. Aren't you like fifteen?"

"I'm actually over a thousand of your years, Happy, so no, I am not a child." Nylah flashed him yet another polite smile before she exited the car, leaving a confused and shocked Happy.

Something about today was different that left Nylah feeling both sad and happy at the same time. Earth was a beautiful place, the people were strange yet beautiful too; she wondered what it would be like to wake up everyday and to be treated like everyone else. She was mainly sad that she was unsure whether she would see Peter again, but if Thor could see Jane again, so could she, right?