the world fell

this is a fanfiction where Isabelle Atkins was Hannah's friend, but Hannah stopped talking to her when she found out Isabelle had an unrequited, harbored crush on Clay and had lied to Hannah about it. Jeff Atkins was Isabelle's older brother. Isabelle is tape #10, right before Clay.

this is how life would have been if she had existed in everyone's lives. if y'all wanna see some smut, that's in chapter 2 and also in a few more chapters after that!

suggestions + funny comments are like drugs to Wattpad writers so PLEASE GO FOR IT Y'ALL

The sun glares through the panes of my bedroom window, bringing me awake from the warm pull of sleep

The sun glares through the panes of my bedroom window, bringing me awake from the warm pull of sleep. I bring my hand up over my eyes as a deep groan escapes me, shoving the comforting blankets off my body.

I launch myself out of bed and run to my closet, grabbing my favorite t-shirt and holding it up into the light for a better look. Memories flood through my brain, and I throw the shirt deep into my closet, slamming the doors behind it.

(flashback)

"Shut up, I do not!" I giggled and threw my head forward in laughter, hitting my friend Hannah in the shoulder.

We had been friends since the day she came to Liberty High and I had given her a tour. We bonded over our mutual hate of Justin Foley and our crushes on our new teacher. She became a sister to me in the first week we met.

Her curls cascaded down her shoulder as she fell backwards, clutching her knees in laughter on the floor. "You so do, Izzy! Look!"

Her using my nick name proved we were close, since I only let my family and those close to me use it. She grabbed my phone and opened Snapchat, gathering her breath in shallow gasps.

"He's your top best friend, and look at the username!"

My vision was blurry and my head was pounding from the tequila we had too much of, so the glare of the screen cut through me like a knife. As my eyes adjusted, I began to make out the words "Clay 💞" next to the words "Hannah" and my ex, "Justin," both with no additions to their names.

Clay and I had been snapchatting back and forth, but it was entirely PG. I knew about his love for Hannah, and that I could never be her. He was always going to see me as Justin's ex-girlfriend, the basic dumb cheerleader with a bad reputation. She was so much more beautiful in every way, and no matter how much of a good guy he was, I knew that it would always matter. Yet still, every time I saw the little heart out of the corner of my eye, I lunged for my phone. And every time I saw him with Hannah, I could feel my heart fall into my stomach. His eyes would light up when he saw her, and they would skim right over me to find her.