Pumpkins part 1 - Sophiana

Start from the beginning

"So you guys are probably wondering why you're here at such an early hour of the morning." Sophie began.

"Yeah, Foster, I'm surprised you're even awake!" Keefe said. Wylie and Fitz snickered. Sophie glared at him.

"Today is a special day. It's Halloween! We have to do something to celebrate." She continued as if Keefe hadn't said anything. 

"Halloween? What's that?" Linh asked, her pretty features scrunched up in bewilderment.

"I think it's a human holiday. Aren't there, like, dead people walking around and stuff? Oh, and candy." Dex said. The others' eyes grew round.

"CANDY?!?" They gasped. Sophie smirked and nodded. 

"We also dress up in costumes and walk around to strangers houses at night! But before we get to that, we are making breakfast for my parents and decorating Havenfield. Who wants to help me bake, and who's decorating?" Sophie said. Biana decided to bake, but everyone else thought it would be more fun to decorate the massive property. Sophie called her bodyguards over to help, telling them all to help decorate. 

"Proper warriors do not decorate for made up holidays!" Bo snapped when he was assigned to help Keefe dress the verminion as a ghost. 

"You're right, hubby. Want Keefe and I to show you my brilliant method of using flesh eating bacteria as traps for the Neverseen?" Ro offered. She smirked as Bo recoiled.

"I... that verminion looks dangerous. Better I deal with it so no one else gets hurt." Bo said. Sophie laughed. She and Biana went to the kitchen to start breakfast.

"So, Soph, what are some things people make for Halloween?" Biana asked. She absentmindedly played with her braid, making the gemstones glitter. Her teal eyes danced playfully. Sophie pulled her gaze away and looked at the recipe so she could think clearly. 

"I think we should make pudding puffs and ripplefluffs. Maybe we could try pumpkin spice ripplefluffs?" Sophie replied. Biana beamed, and Sophie felt her lips betray her and start to grin as well. Biana's joy was contagious.

"Let's do it! I can't wait to see how they taste." 

The girls set to work, each working on a different recipe. They found Edaline's recipe box on a shelf, and spent several minutes puzzling out the words and measurements from Edaline's fancy handwriting. 

"Stir in one... does that say puffleberry?" Biana asked. Sophie laughed. 

"And I thought I was the one who didn't know how to read fancy elf stuff!" She giggled. Biana gasped in mock offense.

"I can read it better than you!"

"Oh yeah? Puffleberries?" Sophie said, laughing. Biana grabbed her batter covered spatula and ran towards her. Sophie yelped and ran away, and the girls raced through the halls, their laughter echoing off the walls. After a little while, Biana began to gain on Sophie. The blond haired elf shrieked and threw open the front door, only to smack into a wall of muscle. Sophie looked up to see the face of a glowering ogre staring down at her.

"Do I want to know what you two are doing?" Bo asked. "I could hear you outside! It's a wonder your parents haven't woken up and thought they were being robbed." 

"Oh come on, Bo. We were just having some fun! Oh! Do you think you could help us with something?" Biana asked sweetly.

"Fine. What do you need?" He asked. Biana gave him a slightly evil grin and the two girls led him into the kitchen.

Half an hour later, the girls took their delicious confections out of the oven.

"How long do they need to cool, Bo?" Sophie asked, a smirk on her face. Bo Let out an ever-suffering sigh.