Chapter 2 - Part 2

Taylor

I was lying on my bed, reading a book, trying to get over my hangover. Jordan was dressed and busy with an assignment with some books open on her bed when someone knocked on the door. We both looked at each other with curiosity. We weren't expecting anyone. I sat up as Jordan walked over to the door and opened it.

At the sight of the person who filled the doorway, my mouth dropped open in shock.

What is he doing here?

The sight of him made me want to climb under my bed and hide. One-night stands weren't supposed to come looking for you the next morning, were they? He was dressed in a faded pair of jeans and a plain white shirt. Even in shock, I couldn't dispute that he was gorgeous.

Had I left something behind and he was here to return it? It was the only logical thing that would explain why he was here. But I couldn't remember leaving anything behind.

"Whoever you're looking for isn't here," said Jordan with hostility. I'd never heard her be so rude before.

But Sin ignored her as his gaze swept past Jordan into the room and onto me. I felt a shiver run through me at the intensity of it. It was too late to hide; he'd seen me. Jordan looked a little confused as she took a step back and looked from Sin to me. I felt a guilty blush tinge my cheeks at the fact that I hadn't told her it had been Sin. He still had his intense gaze fixed on me when Jordan looked back to him.

It was time to take control and be an adult in this uncomfortable situation. I'd had a one-night stand with him, and I didn't need to feel ashamed of that. The only feeling I should feel was the guilt for not telling her it had been Sin. I stood up and dropped the book I was reading onto my bed. An uncomfortable atmosphere set in as I walked over to the door, and Jordan took another step back and watched us with curiosity. He still hadn't said a word, and his gaze fixed on me as I came to a stop in front of him.

Not wanting to have this conversation in front of anyone, my eyes met his for a moment and then I stepped past him. I walked down the hallway, and I couldn't ignore the appreciative looks some of the girls were giving him as he followed me. I opened the door to the staircase and turned to see Sin follow through the door behind me. Silence settled in between us for a few moments after the door closed.

I was the first one to break the silence.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"It really wasn't that difficult," he answered. "I asked around."

"What are you doing here?" I asked anxiously, dropping my eyes to the floor for a moment. Just spending a little time in his presence made me hyperaware of him. It also didn't help that he could remember what we'd done last night, but I couldn't.

"I wanted to check on you."

It was the first time I'd ever heard him talk, or could remember hearing his voice. It had a sexy huskiness to it that made my body tingle. I had to remind myself that as attracted to him as I was, one-night stands didn't do repeat performances.

"Why?" I asked, looking up to him as I crossed my arms.

He gave me a confused look.

"It was just one night. Why would you need to check up on me?" I asked.

He looked at me like I was talking a different language.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, shaking his head slightly.

"Last night was fun and...thanks," I said, unsure of exactly what to say. From what Jordan had said, it had sounded like he was king of one-night stands, so he would know exactly how these things worked.