Chapter 39 °CARE°

Xiongwei's pov
(Meanwhile, at the office after Seoyun left to the hospital by herself)

After Seoyun went to the session, Sungjong came running to the cabin with worried expression. Moments later Sunggyu sunbae, Dongwoo sunbae, Hoya, Woohyun came rushing to the cabin too leaving Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Jaeseok and me puzzled. Sungyeol looked at them confused and questioned "Why is everyone suddenly rushing into our office cabin? What happened?" Sunggyu sunbae annoyingly replied "Yah! Lee Sungyeol your dongsaeng is just like you. He simply called me and instructed me to gather everyone at your office saying he has something important to say." Sungyeol looked at Sungjong knitting his eyebrows, to which Sungjong said "Hyung! I really do have an information that's important."

He took a deep breath and said "It's about Seoyun Noona and the mystery chasing her." I furrowed my eyebrows and asked "Seriously what is with you guys? Why is everyone talking about Seoyun's life now?" Sungjong looked at me and asked "Noona! Just answer to my questions will you? You know I care for Seoyun Noona too right?" I nodded to him and he asked "How many years has it been since her eomma went missing?" Everyone gasped and asked in unison "Seoyun's eomma went missing?" I slowly nodded and replied "It has nearly been 7 years now."

Hoya furrowed his eyebrows and stated "If it's nearly 7 years, it's the same time period around when we were in first year of high school." Woohyun looked at him and said "But I think her eomma was there with her, even on the last day of our first semester, the day when that incident between Sungyeol and Seoyun happened. Right Myungsoo?" Myungsoo nodded saying "Yeah! I clearly remember how she was worried sick that her eomma didn't pick any of her calls! Kirigu she transferred to Elite high after that incident too."

I looked at them asking "What incident are you guys talking about? What happened between them?" Sungyeol hurriedly stated "Nothing much." Myungsoo looked at him lifting an eyebrow asking "Is that so Yeollie?" Sungyeol cleared his throat awkwardly and looked at Sungjong asking "So what is that important thing you want to say?" He was about to reply but Sunggyu sunbae said "You still don't get this? Seoyun's change of personality from cocky to softie to cocky again has something to do with her eomma."

Sungyeol added "Well we just learned that Seoyun's cockiness was changed by approaching a psychiatrist, since Ajhumma didn't want her atal to go through the hard path as Park Jungpyo Ajhussi." Dongwoo sunbae nodded and muttered "So her personality change from kitty to tiger is also linked with her eomma. I mean the fact that Ajhumma went missing is the reason."

Sunggyu sunbae suddenly scanned the room completely and asked me "Speaking of which, where is Seoyun, Xiongwei-yah? I think I didn't see her on my way here too." I sighed and replied "She has gone to a psychiatrist, sunbae." Jaeseok looked at me with eyes widened and asked "Thoo wae (why again)?" I shrugged and said "She said that she wanted to remember her past in Chankuk high." Everyone shouted simultaneously "Mwo? Wae?" I shrugged at them and said sighing "Na Thoo molla! But I remember her stating that some bits of the past memories are popping up recently which must be happening as she met Infinite, esp. Sungyeol, again after all these years."

Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows and just sighed unlike him, who would have retorted back. He then looked at me and asked "When will she return then?" I shrugged and said "Uhmm, about that she said she would text me when the session is over so I'll go pick her up only after that." Sungyeol smirked at me and said "Then you are staying here until she texts you." I blinked my eyes in disbelief and a scoff escaped my mouth uncontrollably. And like this, I was a hostage until I got a call from Mithra eonnie around 10 pm.

Sungyeol's pov
I felt a bang of guilt in my heart when I heard from Xiongwei that Seoyun is digging her past, where I handled her according to my wish. I felt even more guilty when the memory of that incident on the last day of our first semester, came rushing to my mind. I sighed thinking 'Maybe if I hadn't done that to her, she wouldn't have transferred from Chankuk high. After all she was becoming comfortable with us back then.' I looked at Xiongwei and asked "When will she return then?" as I wanted to apologize to Seoyun for that day, so I can feel less guilty. Xiongwei shrugged and said "Uhmm, about that she said she would text me when the session is over so I'll go pick her up only after that."

I smirked at her and said "Then you are staying here until she texts you." coz if she leaves, then maybe Seoyun won't return to be my Biseo or by my side ever. Like this Xiongwei, and everyone waited for Seoyun's text. It was becoming late and finally Xiongwei received a call. When she hung up the call, she said "Well it's Mithra eonnie, the psychiatrist who just called. So I will get going now." I stood up saying "I'm coming too." Others stood up repeating the same as me but Jaeseok said pouting "I'm not coming with you now even though am worried about Seoyun! She might strangle me if she saw me." I slightly chuckled nodding and we all headed to the hospital.

Xiongwei and I went into the department where the psychiatrist is. She looked at Xiongwei and greeted "Omo! Wei Wei! I met you as a high schooler but look at you now, you've grown up into a beautiful lady." Xiongwei smiled at her and said "Kamsahamnida eonnie. Kunthae Seoyunnie eodiyayo?" Mithra noona guided us to a room, and there I saw Seoyun laying on the bed with her face being pale.

She looked timid like she used to be in the past, esp. when she was being taken to hospital from my home that night. Mithra noona said "She strained a lot today. So I assisted her with a tranquilizer. Kirigu observe if she's developing fever. If there's nothing of that sort, then no worries at all. She will be as healthy as possible in the morning." We nodded and bowed to her politely when she said looking at me "Well, since you're here, just carry her back. It will be better for her if isn't woken up now."

I nodded and walked towards Seoyun. I lifted her sleeping body in my arms carefully without disturbing her and carried her to my car and laid her beside Xiongwei while Myungsoo was seated at the copilot seat. I drove off to my home with others tailing me to my home. I carried Seoyun to my room informing others "Well, I'll take care of her. You guys can stay a night here and rest. Kirigu Xiongwei-yah! It's already late, so you occupy her room. Come I'll show you the room."

She nodded and followed me while others headed to the guest rooms. Xiongwei walked along questioning "Sungyeol-ah! May I know the reason for your sudden care for Seoyun?" I looked at Seoyun's face while answer in her "Well consider this as my payback to what I did to her in the past." And thought sighing 'Even though these little things can't compensate my action that night.'

I entered my room carrying Seoyun after showing Xiongwei Seoyun's room. I slowly placed sleeping Seoyun on my bed and sat down beside her just staring at her and mumbled "What am I doing to you?" I paused a second and said "I've been a burden to you in the past as well as now too, right My Toy." I heaved a deep sigh and checked her temperature now and then.

Seoyun's pov
I tightly shut my heavy eyelids, lazily turning my sleeping posture to the side and I felt something soft and thin lightly grazing near my nostrils. I opened my eyes yawning and gasped when I saw the Mafia sitting beside me and deeply sleeping in that posture. A sneeze escaped my mouth when I accidentally inhaled his hair when I gasped in shock.

He woke up and looked at me through his sleepy eyes and he suddenly placed his palm on my forehead

He woke up and looked at me through his sleepy eyes and he suddenly placed his palm on my forehead. He lazily mumbled along with his yawn as "There's no fever. Good." I furrowed my eyebrows unaware of what he was talking and sat up while he stood up. He took a step closer and collapsed on the bed beside me saying "Wake me a hour later. I'm hella tired." I couldn't help but chuckle at him muttering "Aigoo! Kyeopta." and thought 'I wonder why I transferred school. Neither was I tormented between you and Jaeseok nor I was harassed as I thought!'

I looked at his sleeping face and saw him frowning. I softly pressed my index finger on his knitted eyebrows making them disappear. I sighed and thought 'How am I supposed to sue you when I see you as a gentleman back then and now too?' I got off the bed yawning. I then covered him with the blanket and set an alarm to ring after an hour before walking out to my room.