oneshot n° 6 - ♡ Jake

well, boys... here it goes.

"What's your problem?" Jake scoffed as he walked into your apartment and saw you sprawled on the sofa.
You hummed a response, and rolled over to face him. He was sitting next to you, brushing your hair behind your ears as he kissed your forehead lightly.
"I've known you for three years, babe." He said, "I think I know when you're upset. What's up?"
"The opposite of down."
"Shut up, dork." He chuckled at you. "Really. You can tell me."
You let out a sigh of defeat and sat up. He pulled you next to him, his arm draped over your shoulders as your head found its place in the crook of his neck.
"It's just," you breathed out harshly and ran a hand through your hair, "why are you even with me."
Jake shot up and looked at you with a raised brow.
"Wai- what?" He laughed, "are you serious, honey?"
You buried your face in your hands.
"I know, I know. It's stupid. I just feel like-"
"Why would you even say something like that?" He interrupted.
"Because Jacob," he gave you his full attention. It wasn't often you used his full name. "Because guys like you don't end up with girls like me."
"What do you mean, 'guys like me'?" He huffed, standing up from the sofa and throwing a hand in the air.
You followed after him, resting your hand on his shoulder, causing him to turn and look into your eyes with his beautiful brown ones.
"Guys who have it all." You sighed, "Guys who are funny and charming and super talented. Those kind of guys, never go for girls like me."
He fell back onto the sofa in frustration.
"Girls like you? So, beautiful ones?" He smirked.
"No," you sighed, looking down at him, "Mediocre ones. Girls that are going to end up being moms that go grocery shopping on mondays, and take the kids to soccer practice on wednesdays, and-"
"Shut up." He breathed. He was standing now, and rested his hands on your waist.
"But I just think that you're going to wake up one day and see me laying beside you and wonder what you ever saw in me. You're going to end up with one of those sexy, mysterious, gorgeously seductive girls, and I'm afraid."
He rested his forehead on yours.
"Of what? There's nothing to be afraid of, babydoll."
You sighed and brought your hands up to Jake's neck, clasping them behind it.
"I'm afraid that you'll realize that I'm not good enough for you, Jakey. Guys like you date models. Not the girl that nobody ever looks twice at."
He brought his hands up to the side of your face, drinking every feature and curvature of your face.
"...But I did. I looked twice. And I didn't just look, I stared. Ask Sam; he was teasing me about how much I stared when I first laid eyes on you." He laughed. His smile always made you brighten up and feel... loved.
"But what if another girl comes alo-"
"I've already found the one I want." He whispered, interrupting you with a kiss.
His mouth was like it was meant specifically for yours, the way they fit together felt like they must have been predestined for each other.
You could feel nothing but pure love as he kissed you, his warm lips pressed onto yours.
You pulled away slowly, and ever so slightly, your lips were still almost touching.
You laughed a little and he soon followed, enveloping you in a hug.
"God, I'm really stupid." You laughed into his chest, "I'm sorry, Jake."
"Don't be, love." He quietly responded, pressing a small peck on the top of your head.

Jake breathed a sigh of relief as he held you.
"What is it?" You asked.
"Nothing." He responded, hugging you tighter.

///

But it wasn't nothing. He knew it was wrong, but he couldn't help it.
He loved you. He really did.

But he lusted for her. He needed her like Josh needs attention.
And he would do whatever it took to get her and make her his.
Her name was Sarah, and she was... breathtakingly beautiful.
She had long, wavy blonde hair, and these big round doe eyes that looked like they were begging for Jake everytime he looked into them.
Sure, she was just some wardrobe assistant or something, but, for the past 6 months, she was Jake's world. And he was hers.

She needed him too. She worshipped the ground he walked on. She would do anything, anything, for Jake.
After almost every show, her and Jake broke away from the other guys and go to some quiet, intimate place and talk.

After they got as drunk as sailors, they would sneak back into Jake's hotel room and... do things that weren't exactly professional.
His brothers found out, but he made them swear that they wouldn't say anything. He still loved you. He wanted to spend his life with you.

But life on the road is so difficult and tiring, and when you have temptation sitting right in front of you wearing a tight dark green mini-dress, it's kind of hard to resist.

biG SIKE WOW