Soulmate AU (Eyes)

Idea of it: When romantic soulmates meet, it's unknown to them about them being romantic soulmates. After they fall asleep at night, one of their eyes or part of both eyes gain the eye color of their romantic soulmate. When platonic soulmates meet, they don't know either. After 12 hours they both gain a trait of the other. For example: they both gain eachothers hair color at the tips.

~~~

Willow walked down the isle, staring straight down. They arrived at their seat and sat down. They had just hit 4th grade and was already expecting the worst. They watched people boarding the bus. They recognized these people, but never knew their names. The cold breeze was blowing down on them when suddenly they spotted someone new. A new face. They saw her walking down the isle.

She sat down in the seat across from Willow. Willow looked at her with a tad bit of fear. As soon they met eyes with her, that fear started fading away. Willow looked away and pulled a book from their bag. They started reading until they got interrupted by her. "Uh... Sorry if I'm bothering you... But... I'm new to this school... And... Uh... My name is Bark..!" Willow looked at the girl and slightly smiled at her hand being extended.

Willow shook her hand and said "My name is Willow. Nice to meet you, Bark... And I'll help you to your classes if you need" Bark smiled wide and said "Really?! Thanks!" They both preceded to talk until the bus dropped them off. From then they both ate breakfast at school, with a touch of Willow being quietly bullied by other kids.

Willow took her to the cafeteria doors and saw that they both had Ms. Coffing. Willow grabbed Bark's hand and led her to the classroom. Last year Willow would finish work early and their teacher would send them to Ms. Coffing to help out around her classroom. Willow walked in with a bright smile and Ms. Coffing said "Hello Willow! Go and choose your seat." Willow led Bark to a table that no one has chosen yet. Willow sat at the corner and Bark sat beside them.

Bark asked "Hey, Willow? How come our teacher already know you?" Willow explained "Last year, I would finish my work pretty fast so I would be sent by my teacher to Ms. Coffing to help out around her classroom." Bark said "Really? That's cool!"

Three girls entered the room and one shouted "Shut up, Heather!" The girl named Heather said "Sorry, Silver.." The last girl said "Oh my gosh. Look at who it is" She started pointing at Willow laughing with Bark. Silver said "Oh my gosh! Isn't it our favorite person!" She pulled up at Willow's table. Willow looked at the group and went quiet. Silver smiled slyly and said "And who's this?! Did the little crybaby make a friend?" Willow stayed quiet. Heather turned towards Bark and said "Look at you! Why would someone so cute befriend.. Her"

Bark asked "What's wrong with being friends with her?" Rain said "Just look at her. She doesn't look like you or me. She is a freak of nature" Bark stood up and said "So? She's still really nice..!" Willow looked at the floor quietly. Bark hugged Willow and Silver said "Come on. If she wants to be friends with someone who looks like they were thrown into a shredder, then she'll too get call names. After all she is choosing to be friends with that little monster"

Heather said "She's probably being forced to be friends with her" Rain said "Or maybe she befriended her because she pities her" Silver walked away with the two girls. Bark said "Ignore them. They only care about how someone looks on the outside then on the inside" Willow said "Thanks for being friends with me.." Bark stayed by Willow's side the entire day. She watched Willow keep on getting teased by both older and younger kids.

On the bus, Bark asked "How come you let those kids tease you?" Willow said, not looking up from their book "It's always been that way since i started school, so I've gotten used to it" Bark said "But its not right" Willow shrugged, putting thier book mark in. They said "I mean... It kinda is. I look this way, so naturally kids are gonna tease me. I don't say anything so they think they can continue and they do."

Bark said "But they shouldn't do it! Say something about it! Tell a teacher!" Willow sighed and said "I want to.. But it'll probably get worse" Bark said "Then I vow on my life to protect you. Even though we just met today" Willow giggled and said "Alright. Whatever you say" Bark stuck out her pinky and Willow connected it. Willow stepped off the bus at their stop and walked into their house.

They lied down on their couch, watching TV. They waited for thier dad to come home and cook dinner. They told their dad about meeting someone today. They took a shower and went to sleep. When they woke up, they quickly went to do their business in the restroom when they suddenly noticed something in the mirror. Half of their iris was a striking orange color. Quickly they changed and sped down the stairs, yelling for their dad.

Their dad came towards his screaming daughter and asked "What's wrong" Willow said "Something's wrong with my eye!" Their dad said "What is it-" He saw their eye and said "Oh... What happened? What did you do to cause it to do that?" Willow said "I don't know..! I did everything normal that I usually do yesterday..." Their dad sighed and said "Here... I'll make an appointment for you at your doctor's office. Maybe she'll help you"

Willow said "Okay.." Willow left for the bus and stepped in, keeping thier face to the ground. When Bark stepped on, she sat beside Willow and said "You won't believe what happened to me!" Willow glanced up at her and saw that one of her eyes were green. Bark said "Somehow overnight, one of my eyes turned green and I don't know why!" Willow said "The same thing happened to me!"

Willow looked directly into Bark's eyes and Bark said "That's cool! Your eye looks like an upside down carrot!" Willow said "Yeah! Your eyes also kinda looks like one too!" During the school day, Bark kept to her promise and protected Willow (somehow). The next day Willow went to the doctor's office and Willow's dad asked "What is happening to my daughter's eye? She just suddenly woke up and half of her eye is now orange"

The doctor explained "Ah yes. Most parents and patients are worried when they or their child has a different eye color. It's a natural occurrence when they meet their soulmate. Your child has met their soulmate. It usually isn't seen until they had fallen asleep and woke up the next day" Willow's father said "Oh..." Willow's father asked "Is it a romantic soulmate or platonic soulmate?"

The doctor said "Oh.. Romantic. It's platonic when the two platonic soulmates gain a trait of the other after 12 hours" Willow had a million things going through their mind especially this one thought. "I only met one person when I got it... And that person is female... Does that mean that... I like girls..? No I couldn't because girls don't like girls. It's girls and boys who like each other. It only shows that on TV."

Willow drove home and Willow's father asked "So.. Who is this soulmate of yours?" Willow shrugged and said "I don't know... I didn't really meet anyone on the first day. I don't think my teachers could because... They are teachers" Their dad said "Okay.." When they got home, Willow went straight to go to shower and then go to sleep. They didn't tell their dad about who it was until eighth grade. They had come out.

Willow didn't tell Bark because Bark might've had a different soulmate since she met more people. Bark continued to protect Willow and Willow didn't know what Bark did to protect them. One day Willow and a group of friends, including Bark, played a simple gay of Spin The Bottle. Willow had landed on Bark and everyone in the group already knew the romantic tension between Willow and Bark.

A couple minutess later, both Bark and Willow's eye color went back to normal. Willow looked at Bark's reaction when she "realized" that Willow was her soulmate. Or maybe she already knew that Willow was her soulmate. I may never know.