"Were we going to have some drinks with the others tonight?" I asked.

"If you're up for it, yeah," he said.

"If I have a coffee and a smoke I'll be up for it," I said with a small chuckle.

"Go have a smoke and I'll make you a coffee. Dinner will be done when you come back in," he said, giving me a pat on the head before returning to dinner.

I took his advice, and walked outside to have a smoke. Sure enough, but the time I made it back inside, dinner was done and on the dinner table, as well as a hot coffee for me.

"Thank you, Kashi," I said, sitting down.

"The least I can do is help out," he said, shooting me a smile, which I returned happily.

"So, are we telling everyone we're together? Or are we trying to trick them?" I asked as we were eating.

"Hmm, I'd like to see how long we can trick them for, but it won't necessarily be the easiest," he said, smirking slightly.

"I like that idea," I giggled.

*#*#*#*

One delicious meal later - honestly, my own cooking was no where near as good as Kakashi's - and a perfectly made coffee, and we were walking to the bar.

"You never commented, do you like the new outfit?" I asked, skipping ahead of him and walking backwards, a lit smoke between my fingers.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

(All rights go to the artist. I love her works, but all rights and credit are hers)

"I do. In some ways I'm glad you didn't go too conservative," he said, smiling at me. I giggled and spun around to walk next to him again.

"I'm glad you like it," I said, smiling at him.

"How you fight in heels though is beyond me though," he said, laughing.

"It takes practice, but it's second nature now," I said, taking a puff on my smoke.

I finished my cigarette just as we arrived, so we walked in at the same time.

"Remember, not a couple," I said quietly, poking out my tongue. He just rolled his eyes and gave me a small peck before entering.

"Hikari!" Kurenai called out, ignoring Kakashi.

"Even though we've been friends longer... ouch," Kakashi said, making us laugh.

"Look at you! Love the look," Kurenai said, patting the seat beside her. I sat down there, and gave her a hug.

"Thanks," I said.

"Judging by the amount of skin shown, you're trying to be more conservative aren't you?" Anko asked.

"Yeah, try to get less attention," I said, shrugging. Kakashi sat down beside me and handed me a bottle and cup.

"Such a gentleman Kakashi. Why aren't you like that, Asuma?" Kurenai said, teasing her partner.

Identical Lies (A Naruto Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें