Chapter Fifty Six

Anya's P.O.V.

"Let the make-up artist comes and do wonders to you while I go and eat something," Aisha spoke.

"But we just had lunch Aisha." I exclaimed as to how can she get hungry within an hour after lunch?
She smiled pointing at her belly obviously indicating the Minnie Arisha(Arjun+Aisha) and I nodded smiling with her as she left.

I stood up going towards the bedside table to pick up my glass of watermelon juice when I heard the door of my room opened.
It must be the make-up artist.

I turned to welcome her when I stood still and asked," I though my make-up artist was supposed to be a lady?"

Instead there was guy with beard, big round spectacles and a cap.
He smiled at me and that's when I run towards him and hugged him tight.
I missed him.
He hugged me back immediately.
Tears streaming down my eyes upon seeing him.
He looked at me with a toothy smiley his eyes filled with tears refusing to fall.
He wiped my tears and said," good thing I didn't wait till nikkah otherwise you would have cried infront of every guest present."

I rolled my eyes removing his fake beard, spectacles and the cap.
Zayd.
I know we shouldn't be seeing each other before nikkah but I don't know am just glad he came to meet me.

I hugged him again then I remembered the hoodie guy Manav.
I stood away from Zayd a little and spoke," I need to talk to you about..." But Zayd cut me in and spoke," I know we shouldn't be meeting but I couldn't wait any longer... So Aisha and Arjun planned all this and I don't have much time." he checked his watch and then removed a little box from his pocket.

"This is for you Coeur."
I took the box and opened it slowly to see a beautiful pendant just like Zayd always wear but this time the design was a little bit different. I gasped," I love it."
"It's your name written in Arabic, lemme help you wear it?"
I nodded turning around, and holding my hair in one side so Zayd could lock the necklace.
He then kissed me on the nape and turned me around kissing my forehead.
"I love you Anya, and I promise that I will always love you even after death."
I closed his mouth with my hand and said," it's not good to mention death on the auspicious day."
We then kissed.
Our hearts beating at an equally fast speed.

A knock startled us and a whisper was heard probably must have been Aisha.
Zayd opened the door and in came Aisha with the original make-up artist.
Zayd was just about to go when Aisha stopped him.
"Anya's mum is in hallway, she will spot you."
I laughed and said," since when did Zayd start using doors?"
Then it clicked Zayd and went out from my room window.
Not before kissing me on forehead and hugging me tight Aisha had to fake cough.

I smiled all the time till it was time to go to the venue.
My whole silver lehenga was just beautiful.
I did some touch up on my lipstick and headed towards the car with Aisha when someone yelled my name.
I turned to my right to see a guy running on the street towards us.
As he came close I realised it was the hoodie guy from last night.
Oh shit! I forgot to tell Zayd about him.
Those shopping bags.

Aisha and my mum looked shocked to see him there.
Good that he wore something decent other than hoodie.
He was wearing a goldish plain shervani.
It suited his complexion.
His face was proper too, I couldnt see the bruises of last night.
Did he heal that first.
He came towards me, even though he was running he didn't lose his breathe at all.
He must have been an athlete.
"Sorry Anya I got late a little ." He spoke.
Before mum or Aisha could I ask I answered their unasked questions," mum,Aisha? He is m..ma..Manav one of my friend."

Aisha nodded but mum was not satisfied with my answer," why I never heard of him before?"
I didn't know what to say to that but he spoke, " we were in high school together but then I left for another city and we never met."
I nodded saying," yeah and we met again at the airport." Hoping mum doesn't catch my lie.

My mum nodded and we headed towards the car to go to the venue which was Zayd's home.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

I know it's short but it was a quick one that's why.
Only four more chapters remaining till the end ...
What do you guys think will happen when Anya gives manav the bag? Or will Zayd find out?