Chapter 43 - Boss Lady

Jo wakes up early and looks over at Dart. He's still asleep and a little strip of sunlight shines down on him. She brushes his hair out of his face and kisses his forehead. She gets up and makes herself some coffee. She feeds the cats and then walks out to sit on the porch with her coffee. 

She sits on the steps, thinking about yesterday. She wonders how Jake is doing, he was acting strange last night. And she didn't appreciate his friend trying to pull her onto his lap. And Jake didn't say a thing. She was impressed by Shaun and Nikki though. Especially Shaun. He turned out to be a very kind young man. 

Jo leans back on her elbows and breathes in the fresh morning air. She sees a very sexy man in boxers walk up to her. Dart kneels down and kisses her upside down. Jo says: "Good morning handsome. Sorry I was so tired last night." 

Dart sits down next to her and says: "Don't worry about it, I am here for you, in whatever state you're in. Now tell me about those bimbo's. I've been wondering about that ever since you said you'd tell me about it yesterday." Jo sits up and tells him the entire story, from the bimbo's walking in, to Jo pointing them in the right direction and Dylan and Kane ignoring them. Dart chuckles and says: "And then I turned them down too. Stupid girls. And that Shaun is a good guy. I only knew him from surfing until now. But I better keep my eye on him. Because he obviously has a crush on you." 

Jo smiles and says: "He is cute and kind. Pretty good combo. I might be interested, if I wasn't engaged to Mister Perfect." 

Dart pulls her close for a kiss and says: "I better stay on my toes then." 

Jo giggles and says: "You better. I haven't seen him surf yet." Jo winks at Dart and he tickles her. Jo's phone beeps and she gets up to see who it is. It's a message from Maria. 

Jake is still asleep and I need to open the cafe.
Honestly, I am angry and disappointed... 

Jo quickly replies that she will be there asap. She walks out to Dart to tell him about it. "Are you giving surf lessons today?" 

Dart says: "Nope, just promotional stuff and surfing myself to show off my skills. They don't expect me until later. So I'm coming with you." Jo gives him a grateful smile and they both get ready quickly and rush over to the cafe. Jo walks in through the backdoor and sees a devastated Maria. 

She kisses her on the cheek and says: "Leave it to me Maria. You take care of yourself." Jo walks into the cafe and a horrible smell hits her in the face. Someone puked on the floor and left it there for her to find.

Jo walks over to the phone and sees a note with Shaun and Nikki's number. She texts them both, asking them to come over.

She asks Dart to make coffee and tea and then calls Ronnell. He sounds a bit sleepy, but promises to come over to help with breakfast. Jo unlocks the door and leaves it open for some fresh air. 

She gets cleaning supplies together and fills buckets. She drags them out to the cafe and starts cleaning her ass off. Praying the first guests will arrive after she cleaned it all up. She looks up and sees Shaun walk in, wearing swim trunks and carrying a surfboard under his arm. 

He says: "Good morning! I'll put my board away." He comes out of the kitchen wearing a white T-shirt, that he keeps at work as a back-up, ever since a client spilt a drink on him. He helps Jo with the cleaning and refreshes the water in the buckets. Jo smiles at him and they get everything clean and ready in no time. 

The minute Jo wonders where Ronnell is, is when he walks in with two buffet trays. He winks at Jo and places them on the bar. He walks out and places two more on the bar. He says: "Self serve breakfast today. There's pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon and toast. I will add yoghurt, cereal and fruit in a minute."