December 20th

Rob

"Dad! That's not how you do it!" Lily exclaimed.

"Sorry, Flower, but when have I ever made cookies?"

Michelle laughed and snapped pictures of him with her phone.

"You better not be planning to put those on Facebook!" He voice was loud.

"Never!" Michelle teased.

"You two are so cute. So many of my friends have divorced parents and I tell them my parents go on dates and are really in love." Lily smiled.

"Lily, don't think it doesn't take effort to make a marriage work, because it does, even ours." Michelle didn't want to mislead their daughter.

"I know, but I'm just lucky."

"We're lucky to have you, Flower." Rob wiped his floury hands on her cheek.

"Daddy, stop!" Lily laughed.

He loved his little girl. She had him the first time he looked into her perfect little pink face. She looked so delicate as if she needed protecting. Robbie had been small, but his features were wider and less dainty. He loved each of his children uniquely. Robbie was his pal growing up who followed with a toy mower him while he mowed the lawn. He went to the hardware store with him and watched as Rob fixed the leaky pipe. Lily was his princess. She entertained him with her dancing and singing, and hugged him. She always had hugs for her old dad.

Michelle had her own unique relationship with the kids. Lily was her friend while Robbie was mommy's little boy. All their relationships were full of love, but the thing about his children that made him love them the most was the parts of Michelle he saw in each one. They were truly the by-product of his love for his wife. So sappy, but he didn't care.

Lily stood in the living room looking at the tree as the cookies baked. "I really like it here in the winter. When I graduate, can you keep the cottage open so I can live in it?"

Michelle spoke first. "You don't want to come home?"

"No, I like Maine. If I get a job at Maine Med or Mercy or even Southern Maine Medical, I can live here. If you agree."

"I suppose that sounds good." Michelle answered hesitantly.

Rob didn't want to sound too enthusiastic, but he thought Lily had some good points, he was beginning to like Maine better, too. He wanted to tell Michelle about Jim's offer but was reluctant. He was afraid she would get angry and pull back. Everything had been so perfect. When he woke, he didn't give up as easily. Instead, he reached around her to touch her in places to arouse her.

He had her from behind. When she was loud even though she denied it, he whispered in her ear. "What time is Lily coming?"

Michelle cried out. "Forget her, it's me that's coming!"

He loved her so much he filled her. He was stiffening just thinking about it and felt twenty-five years younger.

Rob hated to admit he was happy to see Lily go. He was eager to get on with his surprise for Chellie. She was being secretive when she banished him from the bedroom, so she could dress, not before she commented on how nice he looked. She reached up to kiss him with her compliment and he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to him. She was wearing only a bathrobe, and he mentally calculated they didn't have time, if they wanted to make their reservation.

"Go get dressed." He gritted his teeth and cursed himself for causing his own discomfort. He picked up his phone to check his work emails. They would take his mind off his dick. When Chell emerged from the bedroom, he was instantly rock hard. She looked stunning. Staring at her across the room, his breath was shallow and his eyes lingered on the way the dress clung to her hips and breasts. He suspected when he walked closer and looked down at her, he would see her milky white mounds.