Chapter 5-The Stone of Hearts (2)

Charlotte's POV:

I clenched my fists ,pissed off. 

"Now,now ,Lotte, what is it that happened this afternoon,hmm?" Isabelle insisted.

I glared at her,knowing full well that she was there,somewhere,watching everything. It was not that Im pissed off at her . I just do not want to remember the memories and feelings I have experienced that time. 

The blissful ,fleeting feeling that I have felt as his  gaze penetrated my own ,despite me supposedly feeling awkward, my heart felt as if it was galloping  in a green meadow, free from any chain or ache. The feeling I've felt that time , was the same feeling I felt before in a distant memory I have supressed to surface.

Tears streaked down my cheeks as anxiety and fear coursed through my veins. I rubbed my eyes ,trying to fight away the tears from my eyes, but I couldnt . I hiccuped and I buried my hands on my face ,embarrased but at the same time,confused .

I felt a hand hold my cheeks and lifted my face. I looked up only to see a pair of brilliant ,startling dark brown eyes. 

When I did not say a word as I stared at him, he gave me his warm smile and my heart started beating in my chest.

"It'd be all right,Lotte. Nothing will happen." he said,comforting me.

I looked down  ,not believing him and whispered,"How can you be so sure?" 

I heard a rustle of clothes,and realized that he was fidgeting with his clothes,nervous. 

"I was ..uh... I felt the same way when you told Mrs.  Dove about ...what I had done.." he said ,a blush in his cheeks.

"Oh." I said. 

His eyes softened,seeing as that I have calmed down a little and guilt pricked in my eyes. He placed his hands back onto my cheeks and pulled my body into his. I did not know what was happening right that instant but then I felt warmth creep over my body as he encircled his arms around me.

 Startled,my body stiffened . I felt Lucas's hand rest  on my back reassuring me . I calmed down a bit later after he whispered,"Cry all you want.. Im here to cover you .."

And so , I did. I relentlessly allowed myself to succumb to  my tears and  let go of the pain I've  been feeling. I told him all of my doubts about that event and he  just reassured me with his soft words and gentle touch. He allowed me to cry all I want and even if people pass by, he pinned me onto the wall so that only he could be able to know what was even happening . 

After a while, my sobs stopped and still, he kept his hold onto me. I tapped his back,telling him Im already fine but I felt him place his head onto my shoulders and snuggled deeper into them saying,"Let's stay like this for a while longer."

My breath hitched from his words but I nodded ,not being able to respond .

And we stood there,our arms wrapped around each other , and as if we  were the only people in the world as time stood still.

 " C, hey, C!" I heard Isabelle scream while snapping her fingers infront of me.

My eyes snapped back into reality and I stared at her,bewildered. "What?" I asked.

She stared at me for a moment and sighed,"What were you thinking?" she asked me back.

"I..." 

My eyes looked away from her and sadness crept over me and my hand unconsiously went its way onto the place where my heart is supposed to be. I pressed my index finger in there and felt nothing. As if , the place where my heart was supposed to be before, the place where I felt it just a while ago ,was now gone. Hollow. An empty void.

I felt a pair of hands grab mine and I looked at Isabelle. She gave me a smile and said,"Hey , here , take a look at this..."

She then placed something on my palm and I sent her a questioning look. She nodded her head onto my hands and I opened it only to reveal a blue stone.  It was small in size and not completely rare. It looked much more like a pebble you can buy from the grocery store than a hundred year old massive relic but truth is , it has a bigger value than a thousand pebbles combined.

"What is it?" I asked as I traced the crack in the pebble, closing my eyes in the proccess and feeling my heart once again flutter in my chest ,sending waves of countless beats back into my body.

"He gave it to me. Once, at the time when we were still together... I ..I couldnt bring myself to give it back because of the vibes and power it releases. The feeling it makes me feel ..You know that feeling right, you can feel it cant you? "she asked and I opened my eyes and stared at the orb.

I peered into it more closely and could not see anything inside. It was not clear but it seems like  a lot of things are inside. Not like of an ordinary pebble. As if countless souls are  wondering deep in there, filling the pebble with immense power. "Yes, " I whispered,amazed.

"Well,  he and I sort of kissde with it in the middle because he sort of told me that this was an object passed down from generation and  generation of his ancestors and their love...He alsotold me that this is a sign of how much he loves me." she said ,deep in thought.

My eyes widened and I stared back into the stone. I smiled. "So that's what that feelingwas... you know, can I borrow this for awhile?" I asked.

"Why?" she told me,seeming quite reluctant with the question.

I gave her my best puppy dog eyes and said,"It's the feeling... I .. I ..how can I explain it," I thought," You do know I have a frozen heart right? "

She nodded.

"Well, since I could not feel love anymore , I told you how incomplete I felt right, as if a piece of me was taken into hiding and can never be returned? This seems to be able to bring back what was lost in me. What was taken... This..This feeling of love. Of being IN LOVE." I said,emphasising the word.

"I want to  feel it again ,Isabelle. The feeling of someone falling into love." and just then as I said those words aloud, 'Feeling of someone falling into love', the door to Isabelle's classroom slid open and it revealed  Lucas ,outside, staring at us .

He seems to have heard our conversation. Upon realizing that we have seen him, he anxiously went back inside,closing the door behind him.

Isabelle and I stared at each other and I muttered, with a sigh, "Problem is, this seems to be boosting up my Love Magnet abilities,huh?"

Isabelle on the other hand, only smiled.