Author Spotlight: @Nablai

This issue we sit down with Nablai, who you might know as Tevun-Krus' regular writer of Nablai's Nebula, a series of sub-genre-relevant articles!

Hey, Nablai, if you had to describe yourself in one word, what words wouldn't you use?

I'm not dramatic.

Think back to when you were in school. What was your favourite subject?

Maths.

When you were a young 'un, what did you want to be when you grew up?

An accountant.

What does Tevun-Krus mean to you?

Everything. I started my sci-fi article career with Tevun-Krus. I had never written nor attempted anything science fiction. It was something new, exciting. I was raw, having no experience of the genre. Tevun-Krus opened new vistas and new worlds to me. Each issue was different and diverse in treatment and presentation. Loved reading the articles and stories. Made new, awesome friends through Tevun-Krus. The forum thread welcomed me with open arms and I just...blended seamlessly with the regulars. You folks won my heart with your kindness.

Tell us about your reading/writing habits. If you're not a writer, then simply the former will suffice!

I read Historical Fiction, New Adult, Science Fiction, Romance. and if a story is enticing, paranormal too. Content is king for me and as long as a story has good content, I'll read it.

As your crew casts your lifeless body into the heart of the nearest star, list three pieces of music likely to be rattling the bulkheads of your beloved vessel!

Whatever it takes- Imagine Dragons, Everything I do I do it for you- Bryan Adams, Tum Se Hi- Jab We Met(Hindi movie)

Who is your all-time favourite author? How much, if at all, has their work influenced your writing style?

Jane Austen. I've tried to make my woman characters flawed and unique. And try to give them depth of thought and ideals.

Of everything you've written, which piece is your favourite?

Infinity--my ongoing poetry collection. It's something I'm really proud of.

Pitch the above story to us. Make us really want to read it!

This is a poetry collection which goes beyond the barriers of time and space. Infinity will tug at your heart and rip you apart. It'll heal and reveal the best part of you. It hides and bides the time, until you find the shine...inside you.

To what extent does the mythical 'real life' influence your writing?

Around 75% of my writing is inspired from real life? My characters like Nick and Gavin are real people and their characteristics make them as they are. True to themselves.

If you could have any superpower, what would that be and why?

Do we have to state only one? Because I can think of many. Something on the lines of Wonder Woman's super powers: superhuman strength, durability, the power of flight, superhuman speed, reflexes and agility, enhanced senses of smell, vision, and hearing, omnilingualism, superhuman healing.

What would you do if you woke up one day and suddenly realized you were an alien from another world?

Wow... I'd love my new self. Would give me an opportunity to explore my new world and universe.

The Technological Singularity presents a rather daunting, some say inevitable, future. Does the prospect of that level of artificial intelligence excite you, or leave you quaking in your space boots?

Artificial Intelligence (AI) is exciting to a certain level and then it becomes a daunting task to keep the AI from overtaking the humans since they improve and imbibe technology with time.

Who was your first Sci-Fi crush? Who is your current one? 

Does Iron-Man come under Sci-Fi? Crazy Marvel fan here xD Current is: SpiderMan

If you could experience the world of any Sci-Fi story on Wattpad, which would that be and why?

Fyr's Touch by EllaMooreAuthor. It's a brilliant, amazingly well-written story. The story revolves around Fyr (an AI) and the importance of human touch. It uses the themes of isolation to drive home the problem faced by loneliness and the cold-hearted society which is hell-bent of making Fyr like them.

And finally, any words of wisdom to new and aspiring Sci-Fi writers?

Each one of you is unique in your own way. Have faith in yourself and just don't give up. Keep writing and discovering new worlds through your words. My best wishes are with you :) Cheers, Nab =]