Chapter 6: Cuddle Me!

CW!! A/N: Hey, y'all! As a warning, Changbin has a small anxiety attack.

"Woah! That bad already?" Chan exclaims, seeing Changbin for the first time. He decided he should check on Changbin after their call last night. He brought all the materials from the store and noticed Changbin must've been farther through his heat than he expected. He heard a few sniffles from Changbin, and his inner concerned parent came out, "What's wrong, baby?"

"I miss Felix," Changbin wails, tears spilling down his face as if they were waiting for the moment of someone asking if he was okay.

Immediately pinpointing this as an affect of his heat, Chan led Changbin over to the couch. "Aw, bub, come on let's go snuggle. Then, you can tell me all about it."

Pressing small kisses on Changbin's forehead, Chan snuggled close to Changbin. Anyone outsider may believe they were a couple but would be able to tell Chan's parental status as soon as they got to know them.

"One sec, bubba, I'm gonna go call Sungie to let him know we aren't coming in today, mkay?" (Can people use the nickname bubba more? It's so cute).

After swaddling Changbin in a blanket covered with Felix's scent and shifting him until he knew he was comfortable, Chan made his way to the kitchen. Quickly pulling out his phone, he listens to it ring until Jisung picks up.

When Jisung finally answers, Chan calls, "Hey, Jisung!"

"Channie! What's up, mah dude?"

"Um. Well, I was just calling to tell you Changbin and I aren't coming into the studio today. It's up to you if you want to go or not. So, yeah. Just wanted to let you know you can take the day off, maybe woo lover boy."

"What a serious business man you are, informing me of this. And, don't worry, I do plan on wooing lover boy. I can finally do it without your teasing. Thanks! Muah, luv u!" Jisung attempts to sound cute, blowing kisses over the line. Chan's reaction was a loving snort and a quick goodbye and maybe one returned blown kiss.

Chan tiptoes back to the living room, careful in case Changbin was asleep. However, when he peers over the couch, he sees Changbin isn't asleep. Instead, his face is buried into the pillows. At first Chan thought this was adorable, cooing and preparing to pull his phone out. But, moving closer, he could hear soft sobs being muffled (protective mode). Chan moves closely to the sofa's side. He reaches his hand out before hesitating.

"Binnie?" Chan timidly whispers, not wanting to scare the boy.

Changbin whips his head around and immediately claws at Chan, gripping his shirt tightly as though his life depended on it. He attempts to say something but chokes on the words. He just looks up at Chan with pleading, watery eyes.

"Can I touch you?" Chan asks. Changbin nods desperately, choking on another sob.

"Calm down, I'm here," Chan reaches over and begins stroking Changbin's hair, "It'll pass, focus on my heartbeat, my breathing. In 2 3 4. Hold 2 3 4 5 6 7. Out 2 3 4 5 6 7 8."

Chan continues to count, patiently waiting for Changbin's breathing to finally even out. He traces small patterns into Changbin's hands and leans more into him, never having seen him quite as vulnerable. Changbin rarely had panic or anxiety attacks.

He hears Changbin finally take in more shuddering breaths and mumbles, "There you go. See, you'll be fine. Keep breathing."

After a few more minutes, Changbin sighs, "I'm sorry."

"You did nothing wrong. In fact, you were very strong. You followed my breathing and calmed yourself down. There's nothing to be sorry for." Chan continued to run his fingers through Changbin's hair, before speaking, "Mind telling me what happened, sweetheart? You don't have to tell me now if you're not ready."

"I-" Changbin began, taking a deep breath in, then he shook his head.

"That's alright. You don't have to answer," Chan comforted, shushing Changbin.

Changbin shuffles around in Chan's arms until they're cuddling. Changbin traces similar patterns as Chan did onto Chan's neck and chest. Chan begins to hum softly. A couple seconds pass before Changbin murmurs something into Chan's shoulder.

"Hm?" Chan prompts.

"Mate left," Changbin simply says.

"I don't quite understand, Bin," Chan pouts.

"My mate left this morning. Then, pack alpha," Changbin glances shyly at Chan, "left too."

"Oh, baby," Chan stares at Changbin with puppy dog eyes.

"'m sorry. My head was screaming at me, telling me that something was wrong. That something was wrong with me. First my mate didn't want me, then my Alpha abandoned me," Changbin let a tear roll down his cheek, and Chan hugged him tighter. "Usually it's fine because I know Lix has to go to work, but I'm on my heat, so I feel like he should be staying with me. Everything's just so much more dramatic, and I can't fight my head."

"Changbin, I promise that if I ever leave, I will always come back," Chan states.

"Thank you, Alpha," Changbin whispers and allows more tears to track down his face.

Chan places his face into Changbin's neck and licks a stripe. He nuzzles his face where he licked then repeats the action. He sniffs a few times then leans back. He tilts his head, exposing his neck, and allows Changbin to do the same to him.

"You'll always be a part of my pack," Chan stares, unwavering. "I'm never letting you go."

Changbin smiles and sighs. They sit in silence, cuddling and comforting each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
uwu Changbin misses Felix.
uwu Chan is the bestest
uwu Someone (Felix) give Changbin some well deserved cuddles.

Also, Chan's a beta. He's just the pack alpha of 3Racha, so Changbin refers to him as alpha.

P.S. Sorry if I didn't portray the anxiety attack right.