•Thirty-Six•

"I'm not going to run, " I say aloud as I stare out of my bedroom window, watching as the snow falls heavily from the sky, admiring how beautiful Dante's estate grounds looked covered in a fluffy blanket of snow

"That's not why I'm here," Nick spoke, and I turn and face him. "Really?" I question, raising a brow. "I know I earned his mistrust," I admit, slowly walking towards my bed. "I know that. I kept very important information from him, and I knew I would lose his trust the moment I decided to do it." I admitted softly.

"I've already told you, I'm not here to make sure you don't run. I'm here because my boss ordered me to protect you. That's all I know." He states as he stands by the door with his back leaning against the wall as he watches me.

I can tell Nick isn't happy with me, it's clear in his tone. I lay back and rest my back against the decorative pillows on my bed. Placing my hand on my baby bump, I hum and close my eyes.

"It's a girl," I say, opening my eyes to see his reaction. His lips twitch slightly before clearing his throat. "Nick, it's Damien's baby," I say before I let out a light laugh. "Why do you think he ordered you to come back and protect me?" I ask, smirking.

His brows fuse, causing me to burst into laughter. His lips twitch before they lift to a handsome smile. "Now, that's better than that hard scowl." I smile, causing him to chuckle.

The door abruptly opens and Cole steps in with Damien following right behind him. "Cole," I smile, sitting up as he took quick steps over to me. I wrap my arms around his neck hugging him tightly. "Fuck sis, what the hell were you thinking?" He grumbles into my shoulder.

I pull back and smile up at him before he takes a seat beside me. "I did what I had to do. This was something I needed to do, for me." I answer.

"Congratulations, Dad, " Nick announces, flinging his arm around Damien. "When's the baby shower? I could go for some cake and shit." Damien rolled his eyes, jabbing Nick in his side, causing Nick to hiss as his arm fell from Damien's shoulder.

"Your grandfather is on his way up to talk. Are you feeling ok?" Damien asks. "Oh, don't worry about me, boss, my ribs will heal." Nick jokes, causing me to laugh.

"Yes, I'm fine. Tired, but that's nothing new." I sigh, leaning back against the pillows. "I am a little thirsty," Cole stands and heads towards the door. "I got it, brother," Nick stops him, patting his back before disappearing out the door.

"Looks like you won't have to move to do anything for three more months with these two." Damien chuckles. "I like the sound of that." I breathe, closing my eyes.
Hearing a knock at the door, I see Dante walk in, "Hey little Dove," he smiles at me before he looks over to Cole. My eyes fall, seeing that Cole's hands ball to fists at his side. Cole was so quick, he already had Dante by his shirt, slamming him against the wall before I could even give Dante a warning.