Chapter 15

Blood Prince Royce's dress shoes clicked against the wooden flooring of the magnificent castle that had the morning sunlight castled on it, giving it a beautiful golden glow.

I could barely contain my curiosity as I walked behind him and two scared looking boys who looked like they were on their way to get yelled at by their mother for stealing her wallet or something.

but me?

I was terrified out of my skin.

 Those muscly arms that gracefully swung at his sides could smash my skull into smithereens in a single punch. 

a shiver ran down my spine, My fingernails digging into my sweaty palms, my teeth biting my bottom lip, tearing it. 

I felt my whole body shiver, I swear to you. My whole body, when Prince Royce stopped by a big door with polished oak brown detailing.  He opened the door and entered in one fluid movement, beckoning us to enter. 

I held on to my arms, afraid of what my fate was about to meet. The two boys walked in first, their heads hung low, the redhead bleeding a waterfall out of his nose glaring daggers at the brown-headed one.

when I turned to follow them however, the door shut in my face. I was startled at first, but then I remembered that the prince didn't care much about politeness so I turned to lean against the wall to wait. The knot in my stomach never eased, instead, it seemed to tighten, and nausea settled in to make things worse. For once I was thankful I didn't have time to eat because if I had, id be heaving my insides out in that lavish-looking plant in the corner. My heartbeat in my throat, fear not letting its grip slip from its hold on me. 

Sudden loud crashes from the room sent me almost shrieking in fear. Bile raised up in my throat when out stumbled two bruised boys who seemed to be bleeding far worse than before. When the had rounded a corner and Prince Royce appeared in the doorway, his bloodied knuckles explained everything.

He glared at me, his ice-cold pale eyes that held no remorse sucking all the happiness from me and replacing it with fear. fear that gripped me and pulled me into a dark never-ending abyss. a bead of sweat rolled down my forehead as he rubbed his wrists with a wet cloth towel. 

"I know who you are." His low hiss of a voice sent a violent shiver down my spine, making my cower in closer to the wall, wishing I could just blend in with it and disappear.

"W-who I am?" I stuttered, words suddenly betraying me.

"How did we let you slip from our grasp?"  he took threatening steps closer, his hot breath fanning my face.

my heart stopped beating altogether, my breath getting caught in my throat. somehow i was still able to form a sentence.

"I-i don't know w-what you're t-talking about Prince Roy-"

"You think I'm fucking dumb?" He roared his face flushing red in anger, a purple vein popping from his forehead.

I almost passed out, but I kept my knees from buckling, standing my ground. his breath was hot and nasty on my face.

"I've been watching you. From the day you started working here, don't think I don't know everything." he spat, grabbing my shoulder and pushing me into his office.

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt my tears rolling down my collarbone. My hand shook as i felt at the teardrop, my whole body flinching when Prince Royce slammed the door to get my attention. 

My breath caught in my throat. 

He was going to kill me. 

A wave of terror slapped me in the face, the burning red eyes of Prince Royce sending shivers down my back.

 That's it. 

That was the last thing I was going to see before he snapped my neck neatly in half and dumped my cold corpse of a body in a ditch and forget about me. 

At this point, I accepted my fate. I was going to join my family. 

Candice. 

My little baby who they killed in cold blood. It made mine boil in anger just thinking about it.

Prince Royce got in close to my face, his hot breath slapping me in the face, my nose scrunching back in disfavor. 

"I can't just kill you...no..." He whispered almost to himself, looking me up and down with scolding hot red eyes.

I swallowed the bile that rose in my throat, wishing death over whatever he was stirring up in his sick head.

"First," He declared, straightening up, causing me to sigh in relief and sag my shoulders in relief because of the distance. "Carlos is to be dealt with. Then, I need to have a little chat with Sebastian. His punishment was too petty and easy to bare. You need more than that. Your parents disrespected me. Your future king! Do you understand the seriousness of this topic you fucking poor human slut?" a fountain of spit sprayed out of his mouth at the last insult. 

I flinched, tears flowing harder and faster than before. He dares say a word against my mother! She did wrong, I agree, but murder wasn't the answer! They killed an 11-year-old for fuck's sake! How inhumane do you have to be to kill a kid as innocent as her? I wiped my tears with the back of my wrists in anger, daring the prince to finish with my glare.

"You have an alarming amount of guts, coming here, you know that?" 

his voice was low and deathly, his eyes charcoal black, the moment my eyes came in contact with his, I felt my back paralyze and I suddenly realized what was happening.

He was compelling me, and I couldn't do a single. thing. about it.

The last thing I remember was the evil smirk drawn on the prince's lips, and the feeling of utter horror, before the world blacked out into the darkness.