"What if she doesn't want to be with him and he is making her uncomfortable. Maybe I should have joined them to save her out of that.", Tom worried with his voice strained. "Dude chill. You don't have to save her out of every situation. She chose to have lunch with him accept that." Still he wasn't convinced.

Alex gave Evie his number by taking her phone and just calling himself without her asking. It wasn't a weird action but Evie wasn't a 100 percent comfortable with that. Alex is sure nice but she'd rather have lunch with Tom. When her eyes drifted back to him for the millionth time this lunch period Alex laid a hand on her arm making her eyes snap back to him immediately. "Is Mr. Holland's presence making you uncomfortable? I know he is super strict and intimidating but you don't have to be scared of him. Especially during lunch.", Alex tried to reassure her getting the situation all wrong, though.

"No it's fine, I like him actually.", Evie said genuinely smiling. Alex fingers started to move on her arm painting patterns on her skin. "It's fine Evie you don't need to lie. I've seen him go at it at employees, who have messed up. It is completely fine to be a little scared. But he won't yell at you I am sure." His movements were out of an act of kindness but they made her feel uncomfortable because they were happening under Toms disapproving watch. Yet she didn't want to be rude and pull her hand away. Alex didn't know better and he is trying to be friendly.

He didn't know Tom was watching his fingers move on her delicate skin like a hawk watching his prey. All of his muscles were tensed, his jaw locked and eyes cold. It took everything in him not to get up to rip his hand off of Evie's skin. Harrison noticed and tried to repeatedly bring back his attention to him but it was useless. "Right I'm going in.", he said getting up and taking long strides up to their table. Harrison knew better than to try and stop and decided to just pay Elizabeth a visit to ask her about this Evie girl that has his mate so whipped.

Tom's whole body was tense when he arrived at their table. His jaw was still locked making it even sharper than it already was and his hands were balled into fists. "Ms. Jones I need to talk to you.", he choked out trying to sound as normal as possible not even looking at Alex. He still decided to step in.

"Maybe after lunch Mr. Holland?"

"Maybe not.", was all Tom could spit out waiting impatiently for the intimidated girl to pack up her lunch and follow him with shaking legs. Tom stormed off into his office waiting for her to step in.

When she entered he pushed her against the heavy door closing it in the act. Evie was so surprised by his actions and his sudden proximity she looked at him with wide eyes completely losing her ability to speak or think a coherent thought. Tom had her trapped between the cold wood and his own body. Evie shivered at the coldness on her back but was overwhelmed at the same time by the body heat that was raging from him. He was so close to her she was engulfed by his masculine, expensive smelling scent, which fit so perfectly to him. She could see the muscles flexing in his tight dress-shirt and could make up the way his soft hair curled at the ends. His dark brown eyes were glistening with widened pupils staring at her face. Then she allowed herself to look at his inviting looking cherry stained lips.

"Don't ever have lunch with him again, please.", he whispered in a husky voice sending shivers down her spine because it sounded so deep. "Why not?", she asked surprising herself that she was able to answer something useful. "Because I don't like him talking to you. Or touching you like this.", he said lifting his right arm off the door and putting it on her hand instead mimicking Alex' movements from earlier. Only this time it left tingles all over her arm.

"I didn't like it either.", she whispered back admittedly, not being able to meet his eyes because she was so distracted by her feelings. Tom stared in awe at her. She looked so precious standing here before him, biting her lip with widened eyes and flushed cheeks. Both of them were breathless."Why not?", he said looking expectantly at her rosy lips.

"Because he wasn't you." Her free hand gripped his white shirt tightly in an attempt to make her arm stop tingling under his touch but it was no use. When she said that Tom closed the gap between them but didn't lean down to meet her face. Instead she leaned her head on his toned chest still gripping his shirt tightly. His free arm wrapped around her waist pulling her impossibly closer suddenly hungry for her touch. He felt like he had to touch her all over making sure there was not trace left of that Alex dude on her. He wanted himself to be the only one touching her and being around her, making her laugh or listen to her stories not matter how selfish that thought was. He wanted her to be exclusively his.

He wished he could just forbid everyone to even look at her, but of course that was a silly thought. Tom was overwhelmed by his strong feelings of possessiveness washing over him in strong waves. Hearing her say she'd rather spend time with him than with Alex was music to his selfish ears. Normally Tom wasn't like that. The women he's been with never woke up these kind of feelings in him and he didn't care at all whether they had different partners next to him or were desired by others. With Evie it is completely different. He wished he could hide her away from the world to protect her from everything bad but at the same time to keep her away from other people trying to take her away from him. He couldn't let that happen.