Chapter 14 (edited)

It's been a whole month now since I started writing Mystery Man again. He still manages to make me smile, and there has been no drama as of yet. There's this feeling I have that somethings going to happen. I was still a little on the iffy side, but maybe if I know who he is, it'll all change. I've been thinking about that more and more the last couple of days. I'm ready to meet him. In my next letter, I'm going to ask him to meet me somewhere. It could go good, or it could end in a disaster, but its time we meet.

Today was Sunday, and I had a shift at Deb's, but unfortunately, I was working the back, so I wouldn't be able to see who leaves a note if they even did. I also worked a later shift today, instead of getting off at 2 o'clock I got off at 4.

Matty caught a glimpse of him one day but said he could only see that he had dark hair and was tall as his back was to him. I was hoping for more than that, but that will do for now. Although, a lot of men that came here had dark hair and were late 20's early 30's. It would be hard to narrow down the choices.

Nothing else has changed in the past month other than Matty coming over more. Ever since he saw Remy, he's been in love with him just like I was the first time. It was fine with me though because I don't get to see Matty a lot anymore and I've missed him. We moved our dinners weekly instead of bi-weekly.

My shift was long for me, and I was ready to go home and relax with Remy curled up by my side. I've been debating whether to ask Deb for a weekend or two off soon because I needed a break from working every day. It felt like my body was drained.

I finally had a good amount of money saved up in my savings and was able to get myself things to decorate the apartment with. A bigger place to live in was my next big plan. Remy was getting bigger, which meant he needed more room and a decent yard to run around in. He was very energetic, and a yard would do him some good.

--------------

It was four o'clock, and I was getting ready to leave Debs. Right by the register like there always is, was a letter. It was attached to a single rose and a dog bone for Remy.

On my way home, I started thinking about Christmas, which was only a few weeks away. I was sending my father, and sister money that way they could buy what they wanted. I haven't seen them in so long I wasn't sure what they liked anymore. They probably wouldn't like my gifts anyways.

As for Mystery Man, I wasn't sure what to buy him. It would never top all the things he has gifted me. He also seemed like he had everything he's ever wanted. Maybe I can make something. Its what comes from the heart that counts, right?

As soon as I got home, I took care of Remy and ordered myself some pizza and wings. I wasn't feeling up to cooking tonight, for I was too exhausted. I waited to read the letter addressed to me when the food came. I didn't want to get too comfortable and not want to get up and answer the door. Twenty minutes later, there was a knock on the door, and the pizza was here.

Opening up the letter, I noticed it was fairly long, and that made my anxiety kick in. What if this was it? What if he wanted to stop writing again? Did they get back together? Did they even break up? What if she found out?

Ava,

No worries love this isn't a goodbye letter. I assume you would think that with it being rather long. I can reassure you that it's not that. Instead, I've been doing a lot of thinking this past month. I believe it's time I tell you who I am or rather show you. I want to be able to take you out in public on real dates. I want to give you gifts in person so I can see your reaction. I want to be able to hold your hand if you allow me to. We could even stay in some nights, watch movies, have popcorn, and cuddle with Remy.

These all seem like amazing ideas to me but with one problem. You don't know who I am and I'm not sure how you'll react to that. Once again, I promise I'm not an old creeper. I am the 23-year-old man I've told you about.

In my eyes, you're the perfect girl anyone would love to have by their side, and I want that. I want everything with you honestly, and I know it seems like we know each other only by letters. I promise you though you know me more than that. You're around me more than you think, and we speak daily. Now don't think too hard I don't need you hurting your head.

Here is what I am proposing to you. Meet me at Deb's Coffee Shop on Saturday at 5 o'clock. I'll be waiting for you with a bouquet of flowers so you can easily know it's me. I'm ready for this, and I hope you are too. This is no joke. I'm one hundred percent ready for this. If you don't accept me, please tell me. Don't string me along.

But, if you accept me for who I am, I want to spend the holidays with you. I own a cabin, about 3 hours away from here, we can go stay there for a couple of days if you'd like to. We can just go to relax and enjoy the scenery of the trees covered in snow. Let's make memories, even if they are with us being just friends. Yes, Remy will be coming with us as well.

I can't wait for you to find out who I am.

Love,

Mystery Man xoxo

P.S. On Saturday, at 5 o'clock I'll be waiting.

This was it I was finally going to see who he was. I was nervous but excited at the same time. I wonder why he thinks I wouldn't accept him. Not everything is based on appearance, but their personality instead. From what I've gotten from him was, he's sweet and caring. The only way I wouldn't accept him, is if he was some creeper or an old man. I couldn't date someone who's old enough to be my dad.

I do love how he is including Remy in everything. I know he bought him for me, but some men still wouldn't include their dog in the mix. Especially on a getaway trip to a cabin. That tells me he's not looking for just one thing on this trip, to his cabin, he has planned.

With those thoughts in mind, I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote my response back to him. He was right it was time. Whether it went well or ended badly.