princess//e.d

(ethan's pov)

A teeny figure in a crown bumped into my leg as I walked into the store. I looked down to see a little girl, looking up at me, holding the crown on her head. "Sorry!" She yelled. I smiled, kneeling down to her.

"It's okay," I said with a smile. "Princess?" I asked, referring to her gown and crown. She frowned and looked at me.

"Daddy?" She asked. I frowned and shook my head slowly. "Daddy go bye-bye," She said with a frown.

"I'm- I'm not your daddy," I said slowly. "Did you lose him?" I asked her. She nodded and lifted her arms up. I smiled, picking her up, dress and all, as she clung onto the crown.

The convenience store wasn't very big, and it was closing soon anyway. I'd just stopped by from some gum before I headed home. "Halloween?" The little girl asked me. I grinned at her.

"I love Halloween," I told her, walking up and down the aisles. "Are you dressed as a princess for Halloween?" I asked her. She nodded, pulling on her dress.

"Princess!" She shouted. I chuckled and nodded, carrying her to the counter.

"A princess you are," I said, sitting her on the counter next to the register. I leaned against it and she fixed her crown. "Need some help, princess?" I asked, referring to the lopsided crown. She nodded I reached up to put the crown on her head properly.

"Nora?" A voice came from the curtain behind the register. The little girl turned as a really freaking pretty girl emerged from the curtains. "What are you doing?" She asked the princess, whose name was supposedly Nora.

"Mommy!" Nora yelled. My smile faded slightly as I realized she was the little girl's mother. I was gonna ask her to-

"I'm so sorry if she caused you any trouble," The girl said, and gave me a nervous smile.

"Princess? Oh, no trouble at all, she's adorable," I said, as Nora giggled. "I'm Ethan," I said with a smile.

"Y/N," She replied. I smiled at her and she looked back at Nora before looking at me. "You'd be the last customer, anything I can help you with?" She asked. I shook out of my trance and shook my head.

"Just came to get some gum before heading home," I said with a smile, looking at Nora. "Wanna help me find some princess?" I asked her. She nodded, lifting up her arms once again.

I lifted her onto my hip and she pointed to the isle at the end. "Candy!" She yelled. I chuckled, carrying her there. She helped me pick out a pack of gum and held it until we made our way back to the counter.

"We'll take this one," I said, placing the pack of gum on the counter. Y/N laughed and nodded, checking it out.

"Is that all?" She asked out of habit. I looked over and grinned at Nora.

"Is that all, princess?" I asked. She pretended to think and shook her head. "What else?"

"Candy!" She yelled. Y/N began to protest but I ignored her. I walked over to the candy section once again. "Candy corn for Halloween!" She shouted. I smiled, grabbing a bag of candy corn.

"This one?" I asked. She nodded. "Halloween's not 'till tomorrow," I told her. She nodded.

"Tomorrow!" She yelled as I placed the package of candy corn on the counter. Y/N shook her head.

"She eats enough of that," She said, pushing it towards me. I shook my head and pushed it back as Nora giggled again. "We own the store, she takes something new every day," She told me. I laughed and looked at Nora.