prologue

jisung sighs as he picks up a small pebble, throwing it into the river. he sits down on the edge of the river bank, dangling his tiny legs over the water, wishing he could jump right in and feel the water soak his clothes.

he groans as he lays on the ground, his back against the soft trimmed grass. he had run out of things to do in the small village. when he first arrived, he would roam around and play little tricks on the people on the island. now, people had grown so accustomed to the spooky occurrences, they just ignored it, which obviously made jisung sad.

is it time for me to find a new place again? jisung was always looking for new places to 'live' in, changing locations at least four times a year. who could blame him? he was a 18 year old ghost stuck in this world.

han jisung passed away 5 years ago, in a car accident. since then, his soul has been stuck in this world, unable to head on to the afterlife for some unknown reason. he was fine with it in the beginning, since he was free to do whatever he wanted to and he had the ability fly freely in the blue sky.

however, as time passed on, he gradually got sadder and sadder. the more time he spent on earth, the more feelings he seemed to lose. he missed his mum's food, the excitement he got from watching his favourite rappers perform, the sensation of having his heart flutter when he had a crush on someone. all of that, gone.

he visited his hometown sometimes, just to see how his family was doing. he was glad to see that they were doing well without him, but once in a blue moon, he would catch his mother staring at his picture as tears rolled down her cheek. at times like that, he really wished he could go up to her and hug her, tell her that everything would be okay and that he was still with her.

jisung got tired of the lonely life he led, it was always the same old routine. he would wake up, play with the flowers in the meadows and throw pebbles into the water.

he'd stare at the night sky, praying and hoping for things to change. he'd prayed not to wake up, so he wouldn't have to feel so lonely anymore. he prayed for a miracle.

so came lee minho.