19- Tamika

Tamika sat comfortably on her couch, her legs were crossed together as she sat next to Rubin, rubbing her small belly. The two of them were so close that part of her left shoulder was practically on top of the right side of his shoulder. He was looking back and forth from his phone to Tamika's laptop, that was propped on her lap. He was helping Tamika with her school work.

"The answer is a hundred miles." Rubin said looking up from his phone as Tamika clicked on the answer. "What's the next question?" He asked staring at the side of her face, awaiting her reply.

Tamika scrolled down, reading the question out loud. "Which most accurately estimates the percentage of earth covered by water?"

Rubin nodded his head as he typed the question into Quizlet. When the answer pulled up, he clicked on it. "Seventy-one percent, next question?" he rushed out. Rubin was in a hurry, the two of them had plans to binge watch the marvel movies and he was eager to watch them with her.

"That was the last question," Tamika replied as she pressed summit on her assignment. "And I got a hundred." She said as she playfully stuck her tongue out.

"Thanks to google," Rubin added, standing up from her couch to get a drink from the fridge. "Is your stomach feeling better?" He questioned from the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water for Tamika and a mini grape jungle juice for himself.

"A little bit, I'm still cramping but it's not as bad as it was earlier." Tamika admitted.

There was a knock at the door as he opened his beverage and took a sip from the delicious content. Pulling the cold drink from his mouth, he hummed in delight. "This shit hit when it's cold." He mumbled to himself before taking another sip.

Tamika opened the door expecting it to be the delivery driver but who she saw, made her heart beat quicken. "Mom.. what are you doing here?" Was the first thing that slipped passed her lips.

Her mother Dana held a fake smile but it quickly vanished when she saw her daughter's protruding belly. She was dressed comfortably in a tank top with no bra. Her small pudge stuck out like a sore thumb.

Her mother was awe-struck for a second before speaking, "Well after you stood your family up at the cook out, I wanted to come by to see you.." her mother trailed off not being able to take her eyes off her daughters stomach. It was starting to piss Tamika off. She acting like she's never seen a pregnant woman before.. her subconscious mumble irritably. "Your turn, when did you get pregnant and who is the father?"

"I really don't feel like talking about that.." Tamika replied bluntly. Not only that but she didn't even want to continue speaking to her mother. Why didn't I look out the peephole before opening the door.. I could be pretending to be sleep right now.. Tamika mentally criticized herself.

Now that I'm thinking about it, why did I give her my new address to begin with? "Well I need answers Tamika, do you know how this will make our family look? Everyone will call you a whore!" Dana whispered yelled.

"I don't care what they think of me, they don't even know me." Tamika replied rolling her eyes at her mother's dramatics.

"So what if they don't know you! This is a bad look Tamika and you're father will not approve!" Dana spat back with fury in her eyes. Tamika huffed in annoyance wishing this moment could be over. She placed a hand over her stomach and tried to rub away the tension. The cramps were picking up and she didn't like that.

Rubin tossed the empty juice bottle in the trash before grabbing another one then heading into the living room. He made it halfway there before he noticed an older woman with her hair pulled back in a slick bun. By the look on the woman's face, Rubin could tell something wasn't right but he didn't think it was his place to step in.